cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

When I delete on my Nokia 625, then they are truly deleted!

Why don't deleted messages go into the appropriate folder (i.e. 'Deleted') thus giving me a chance to retrieve?

Sometimes I delete in error... I am only human (so I'm told...)

Thanks in anticipation. (don't delete me...)

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

If your email account has been set up correctly then deleting items should send them to the deleted folder. Have a look at the settings on your PC.

Message 2 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
What email provider do you use.

Some IMAP mail settings delete from the server but I think can be set no to.
Message 3 of 17

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Deleting from server still puts them in a deleted folder for 30 days.
It might be that you just can't see this folder on your phone as it's usually marked as imap trash on the PC.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

If this is SMS messages you are deleting, then its standard practice for them to just be deleted. Just make sure that you realy want to delete the messages before you do it!

However, I have read of an SMS Backup app that automatically backs up all of your SMS to Skydrive.

If this is emails, then they should go into a deleted items folder which you should be able to access via the browser or on your PC.

Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for your input

However, the problem still exisits.

It is in my emails. I am with AOL and there is no indication how my emails are set up or indeed how I can set them up, on neither my phone or my computer.....?

There are 'deleted' folders, but nothing ever goes into them when I delete!

Any ideas?

Message 6 of 17

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
I stopped using AOL years ago because of problems but there should be a settings page in the online webmail.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 17

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

There was when I used aol. You could designate a folder into which deleted items were sent or the option to be deleted immediately and permanently.

Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Standard for all webmail I believe jonsie.....?

Currently using:
Message 9 of 17

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

It is but the op says it's not available on his pc so maybe something has changed on aol? Unlikely to be honest, the option should still be there.

Message 10 of 17