cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I've just had a text from O2 to say that I've reached my data limit this month.  Every other month my usage is zero - and I don't know what I've done.  The only thing that I ever use is the Music Download where I pick a mix from Nokia and make it avalailable offline.  Can anyone suggest how I can see what app has used the data? Datasense will only tell me that the data has been used, but  want to know what's using it so that I can turn it off.  I've got a Nokia Lumia 520.  Any advice greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Does the amount used and reported by data sense tie up with what O2 think you have used?
I ask as there have been some issues with data not resetting and being reported incorrectly.
As for an app to show individual usage, I'm not sure but if have a look in the store to see if there is anything that will help.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

At what point in your month has your limit been reached? If it's early on, and you usually never reach your limit and haven't been doing anything out of the ordinary, you should raise a query with Customer Service.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
My partner recently used a chunk of her data allowance on the Lumia 520 which turned out to be the phone updating apps etc.

She now only uses Wifi to do this.

If yours does not tie up then o2 Customer Services Link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus may be able to assist if it's not user caused.
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Recent threads have indicated that people have inadvertently been put on a shared data tariff.

There was also a problem confirmed by rosadosc that the data was not being reset. Not sure if this has been sorted?

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/data-has-not-renewed-and-data-bolt-on-...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

tullyhubbert
Level 3: Thinker
  • 102 Posts
  • 14 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Data Sense does tell you what has used data either via Mobile or Wifi. After starting Data Sense tap on usage at top.
Message 6 of 6