cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot received Facebook verification text?

MoonpieMagic
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello, my previous phone had a cracked screens so I got it changed like to like with the insurance which was brilliant. My phone is a Galaxy S8.

After changing my phone I had to go through redownloading all my apps. Initially I had issues as my phone seemed to have difficulty sending / receiving texts (And it still does)

Trying to login to Facebook still cant happen, I put my login details but due to it being a new device, facebook wants a verification number which it texts to the phone, but I seem to never receive these texts. Its been 3 days now, and at around midnight the other night a flood of Facebook messages came through which obviously expired but im still at the stage where I cannot get these verification messages to come through.

Texting on the phone still is a bit hit and miss, it doesnt seem to want to send or receive anything still.

Any ideas? Thanks

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MoonpieMagic
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just going to update and close this post.

After various different attempts to fix the phone, ended up calling insurance who came out the next day and swapped the phone.

This has fixed the issue and everything is now working as it should.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MoonpieMagic 

I'll ask one of our account advisors to help here

@O2Lisaare you able to assist @MoonpieMagic?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@MoonpieMagic 

Try these tips Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 11

MoonpieMagic
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 

Yes I have tried those, check the number and thats correct. Tried forcing it as well.

Also checked any networks faults in the area and that was fine as well. Seems to be a bit odd really, I have managed to verify other accounts with emails but Facebook needs to send a text verification and that is still not being received oddly. But then again I also struggle to send text messages to my partners phone as a test as well.

Message 4 of 11

MoonpieMagic
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ok so I have an O2 chat open and they are checking my number for issues, still seems to be hit and miss.

For anyone else that might be having this issue and not being able to get onto Facebook on a new phone and cannot receive a verification. (Im not sure how much of a help this is) I got my laptop that I had previously logged into before and managed to get on through a browser Facebook was familular with so it didnt need a verification code.

I checked my settings and couldnt see anything wrong with the account. So I then just removed the number from my account and then re added it back in.

This allowed my to log into Facebook on my phone without having to verify which was odd.

SoI have managed to get in, but still not receiving verification code.

Message 5 of 11

MoonpieMagic
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Sorry, just to add that I cannot login into my Microsoft accounts as well as I cannot receive my verification codes.

Message 6 of 11

O2Lisa
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning @Cleoriff, thanks for the tag smiling

I'll message you privately @MoonpieMagic and look in to this for you

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

MoonpieMagic
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you very much @O2Lisa 

The guy at O2 chat pretty much asked me to turn my phone on and off which I have done 10 times now which still didnt fix anything so I didnt receive his text message. He asked me to check a few more setting which I did ... I feel he had enough from this chat as he then ended it quickly without fixing the issue or doing anything.

Message 8 of 11

MoonpieMagic
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So after the bank holiday weekend I managed to step away from the house and my wifi and it is very much still the same issue. There is a 5% change that any call I receive or make will get through (Even just sitting next to a friend when I can see our phones have full signal, mine will not receive the call)

My internet doesnt work even though I can see it should, so sending whatsapp / facebook messages etc doesnt work either

Text messages will not send either, I cannot reply to anything.

So still with a new phone, that receives signal ... with 0 service.

Message 9 of 11

MoonpieMagic
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just going to update and close this post.

After various different attempts to fix the phone, ended up calling insurance who came out the next day and swapped the phone.

This has fixed the issue and everything is now working as it should.

Message 10 of 11