cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Curve and Viber app

Anonymous
Not applicable

PLease Help!

have downloaded the Viber app for Blackberry curve; no problem with that. Viber website says you can use Viber on Wifi or 3G. I don't have a data bolt on, so I want to use Viber on my Blackberry via my home Wifi. However, unless I turn 'Data On' in my connections, I cannot use Viber at home, even though I am connected to my home Wifi. As a result, I am being charged for data usage when I should be able to use VIBer for free when connected to my home Wifi.

Spoke to two guys at 02 yesterday. Both said I should be able use Viber for free without data bolt on, if I use my home Wifi.

Any ideas out there?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Never assume anything! Have you checked or connected to BB desktop to check for any updates?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Yes, you should be able to although there is an issue with some blackberry's whereby you have to have data on to use wifi. Make sure you have the latest BB OS installed on your device and back up and reset if you still experience issues.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, it's brand new phone so I assume it's got the latest OS. So is there any way I can use Viber via my Wifi without data???

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Never assume anything! Have you checked or connected to BB desktop to check for any updates?
Message 4 of 4