cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been overcharged for nothing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Spoken to a women on the online chat, Sofia, she went through the different protocols, yet I didn't meet any of them, showing clearly I had no reason to be charged. I sent her the exact message I sent to 100 people split in half as iPhones only allow you to send to 50 people at a time, saying "Hi this is my new phone number, (My Name)". Therefore I was well under the character limit and didn't infringe on any rules in order for me to be charged. Therefore I am confused to why I have been charged 27.61 on my phone tariff. Someone from O2 please email me or get back to me on this thread ASAP.
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This is a customer to customer forum. You have obviously been charged for sending group messages or MMS. have a look at this guide

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

because of bulk messaging charges.

more than 5 can trip it, 50.... definitely will

Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

This is a customer to customer forum. You have obviously been charged for sending group messages or MMS. have a look at this guide

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

just to add the actual wording from the latest tariff terms:

3. Text Message Charges

3.1 Subject to these Tariff Terms, inclusive messages on Pay Monthly tariffs can be used for texts (meaning individual SMS) sent in the UK to UK mobiles or tablets that are capable of receiving texts, from your SIM card for private and personal purposes. You may not be able to use your inclusive text allowance if you are using a device or tablet that cannot send or receive standard network text messages, so please check device specifications before buying. Text messages sent to multiple recipients may be classed as MMS or use a data allowance depending on device functionality.

Message 4 of 9

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No one will get back to you on here from O2 I'm afraid. Forget chat and call customer service. Maybe they will refund some of the charges but sending group texts to that many people is chargeable as mms.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you use all the characters then another text will be created which will be classed as mms or if you use smilies then that will turn a text into an mms

Message 6 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The OP thinks he's contacted O2 directly, so @Anonymous I have typed in a mention in the hope that you will come back and see the replies to your query that are above.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 9

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Contact CS by phone on one of the numbers listed here http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
The charge on your account is correct but you may get a goodwill gesture if it is the first time you've made this mistake.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 9

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Going forward please read up on the t&c's, in particular how texts are converted into MMS messages and the attached charging structure.

All great advice above.
Message 9 of 9