cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no number/private number

Anonymous
Not applicable

when a received call comes up no number or private number I panic a bit & I seriously don't know whether to answer the call or not ..... I know when private number comes up it could be a medical call & now my local medical centre has a new appointment system where you ring in - give a brief description of your ailment - then a doctor will ring you back within an hour to discuss whether you need to come into the medical centre to see a doctor

I'm concerned that when the doctor rings it will come up private number

is there a difference between no number & private number

this week one morning I had a no number call but it ended whilst I was deciding whether to answer the call or not

thank you

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3417 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Thank your nursey.

Indubitably true. Samsung S21 Ultra and Xiaomi 14 Ultra
Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
As well as missing calls from GP's etc, when people set their phones only to receive from contacts it can also be annoying trying to locate someone who is unsure of their exact location.
Message 22 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

the following is relevant to this thread I started slight_smile

yesterday (Sunday ie not a general work-day) at about tea-time my mobile phone rang = I answered (caller's details were their phone number) number was unfamiliar to me ..... = ..... only 2 local landline phone numbers I recognise are of close family 

remembering the advice I've been given above on this thread, I answered the call with confidence & in a neutral/ pleasant tone to my voice politely I spoke the words = hello, Jane 'Bloggs' speaking ..... & ..... it was to my advantage that I did answer as it turned out to be from the RSPCA home visit assessment team, a nice lady apparently who when I was at pains to point out parking can be a problem near where I live ..... = ..... yay, nice lady told me she lives the other side of the canal from me ..... = ..... life is wonderful sometimes :womanvery-happy: 

appointment is for 10:30am Monday ie today

in the year + a bit I've been a member of O2 community I'm learning all the time from you good/knowledgeable people here & me being scared of new technology is diminishing the more I learn/read on the community 

thank you all for the your help you give me 

PS: I've remembered to make my cat Marty's litter tray A1 wink & his 'food station' 

Message 23 of 23