cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mislead when upgrading

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello , i rang o2 yesterday to upgrade my phone , the first woman i spoke to told me i could upgrade to an iphone 6 like i planned but it would be in silver as that is the only one the stocked and i was unsure on what tarriff i would like so she sped through the options of either 1 gb of internet or 3 gb , so i told her i would think about it and ring back. After around two hours i decided that i would upgrade as my current phone isn't working so i rang back and spoke to a man called micheal who apologised for me being basically lied to as o2 no longer stock the iphone 6 so i told him i had veen told i could have one in silver only to realise that the first lady was trying to offer me a reburbished iphone for a 30.00 upfront cost ! then when i agreed to a iphone 6s in rose gold i voiced that 3gb was rather low for 39.50 and 30.00 upfront cost , so he went and spoke to his manager who knocked 4.00 off from "loyality" only to then realise today that online there is a deal for the same amount of money so no money had been knocked off for " loyalty " he had just gone down to a cheaper option and the 02 deal was with no upfront costs . so not only do i not feel like a valued customer , but i have been lied to , so i decided to ring up customer services and ask why i had been sold a dearer deal than online if i was a "loyal" customer only to be found on the phone to a abrut and totally unhelpful lady which resulted in me putting the phone down as her attiude came across as " well .. tough luck"  so my phone is on my kitchen table unopened and ready to be sent back as i am unhappy with the manner of which i have been delbt with and feel i could get a cheaper deal else where . 

kind regards 
Anne Kennedy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

In that case initiate a return and do what's right for you.

If you feel badly done by you can make a complaint here: http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Of course you are perfectly entitled to return the phone and cancel if that is your wish but thought I'd just let you know that o2 won't see your complaint here as this is a customer to customer community.

You need to file an official complaint for o2 to see your thoughts.

All the best slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93218 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

You can very probably get a better deal from one of the independents such as CPW if you don't mind keeping the phone for 2 years.

Message 4 of 4