Did you mean: 

iPad - requirements to use FaceTime

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12126 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions

Afternoon all.

My cousin has sent an iPad to my Nan so that she can keep in touch with everyone using FaceTime.

Great, nice one.

Problem is, we have no Apple devices in our house to join in.

Does anyone know what the minimum requirements are for Apple products to use FaceTime?

Do we need to have a certain version of iOS, or is there an amount of RAM that would make it more useable?

Have found some on Fleabay from retailers rather than individuals for about £100. Most are iPad 3 or 4 with either 16 or 32Gb.

Not likely to do much else with it as we have Android or Fire tablets to use anyway, this is just an extra device.

Thanks!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144860 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions

@gmarkj 

No worries. Make me an offer for it then 😉

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gmarkj wrote:
Not likely @Bambino - it took them an hour to get her to turn it on the first time, and then another hour to realise there wasn't a button at the bottom because she was holding it upside down!

Ah the joys of providing tech support to those who've never used a PC, phone or tablet!

Good luck mate and get in that bulk order of Regaine or Alpecin shampoo for when you tear your hair out slight_smile

Message 12 of 12