Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Off-Topic

Highlighted
Topics: 267

World Veterinary Day

Source: PDSA Peoples Dispensary for Sick Animals

World Veterinary Day

The vets are open but as social distancing will allow

I had cause to ring my vets yesterday about Marty's annual booster / check up ... I need to see about his weight loss so that will cover it nicely

Approx 2 months wait but inside the time allowed

Only thing I'm frightened of is that I'll have to by taxi ... all buses running empty in town - none run near the vets anyway

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Highlighted
Topics: 119

Re: World Veterinary Day

To set your mind at rest: Taxi drivers have been issued with advice as shown here for these times of social distancing, @WispaRed7 :

https://www.choicequote.co.uk/news/taxi-drivers-and-coronavirus/

Should taxi drivers be working during coronavirus?

Taxi drivers are allowed to take fares as normal during the coronavirus outbreak. But it’s impossible to follow social distancing rules while driving a taxi, so it’s important to take precautions to protect yourself, your loved ones and the public.

Rules for taxi drivers to follow:

• Try to stay two metres apart, so passengers should always sit in the back of your cab.
  • Let passengers handle their own bags and belongings whenever possible.
  • Always cough or sneeze into a tissue and dispose of it safely straight away.
  • Use disinfectant wipes on seatbelts and door handles between fares.
  • Accept card payments and pre-payments, so you’re handling cash as rarely as possible.
  • Don’t touch your face.
  • Keep soap and water or sanitising gel in your taxi, so you can wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, especially after touching customers’ bags and belongings.
  • Never work if you have new symptoms, such as a continuous cough or high temperature.
  • If you are collecting passengers from airports or train stations, it is worth checking the travel destinations of potential passengers to protect yourself from possible infection.
Most Random Thread.pngMost Useful Guide.pngWe cannot access your account
Highlighted
Topics: 729

Good info @pgn 

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Topics: 267

Thank you @pgn

I don't have a car nor anyone I could approach to take me to the vets and back, particularly under present circumstances

My sister has a car, but she is a very busy person and I wouldn't like to ask her

My choice to have Marty so my responsibility to look after him

Yes, taxi companies are running in town, but at fewer than normal

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry