Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World Veterinary Day

Anonymous
Not applicable

Source: PDSA Peoples Dispensary for Sick Animals

World Veterinary Day

The vets are open but as social distancing will allow

I had cause to ring my vets yesterday about Marty's annual booster / check up ... I need to see about his weight loss so that will cover it nicely

Approx 2 months wait but inside the time allowed

Only thing I'm frightened of is that I'll have to by taxi ... all buses running empty in town - none run near the vets anyway

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

To set your mind at rest: Taxi drivers have been issued with advice as shown here for these times of social distancing, @Anonymous :

https://www.choicequote.co.uk/news/taxi-drivers-and-coronavirus/

Should taxi drivers be working during coronavirus?

Taxi drivers are allowed to take fares as normal during the coronavirus outbreak. But it’s impossible to follow social distancing rules while driving a taxi, so it’s important to take precautions to protect yourself, your loved ones and the public.

Rules for taxi drivers to follow:

• Try to stay two metres apart, so passengers should always sit in the back of your cab.
  • Let passengers handle their own bags and belongings whenever possible.
  • Always cough or sneeze into a tissue and dispose of it safely straight away.
  • Use disinfectant wipes on seatbelts and door handles between fares.
  • Accept card payments and pre-payments, so you’re handling cash as rarely as possible.
  • Don’t touch your face.
  • Keep soap and water or sanitising gel in your taxi, so you can wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, especially after touching customers’ bags and belongings.
  • Never work if you have new symptoms, such as a continuous cough or high temperature.
  • If you are collecting passengers from airports or train stations, it is worth checking the travel destinations of potential passengers to protect yourself from possible infection.
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good info @pgn 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @pgn

I don't have a car nor anyone I could approach to take me to the vets and back, particularly under present circumstances

My sister has a car, but she is a very busy person and I wouldn't like to ask her

My choice to have Marty so my responsibility to look after him

Yes, taxi companies are running in town, but at fewer than normal

Message 4 of 4