cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to set up a blog?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive been told by a friend that i post waaay to much up on facebook, and that i would be better off doing a blog.. well, considering im a rockabilly chick with a love of vintage/rock and roll, im not very tech minded, what the heck is a blog ( is it the online diary thing)  and how do i do it? apparently im funny, talk about everything and anything and although im popular on fb, im better blog material, sorry if i sound stupid in any way ( i probably do) but can any of you guys help? 

p.s i dont do twitter, that just annoys me, instagram/reddit/pininterest and tumblr are out too...

THANKS!!! 

C ^^{}^^

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I think you can put up a live page view counter, not sure how you'll have to look in the settings.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 51 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too have a wee blog going..if you want to check it out its theoldrockblog.wordpress.com - soon to be a .com site hopefully (maybe it's own forum). twitter @theoldrockblog :o).

Any guesses at what its about?
Message 52 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pablo, I like the one about the terrible cover songs! I have heard a good few horrendous cover songs before - but those ones are awful.

Master of Puppets is one of the worst covered songs that pops up now and again!

Speaking of blogs - what is the blog post part about in the avatar badges?

Message 53 of 60

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@I too have a wee blog going..if you want to check it out its theoldrockblog.wordpress.com - soon to be a .com site hopefully (maybe it's own forum). twitter @theoldrockblog :o).

Great blog Pablo, you have a new follower! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 54 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
@I too have a wee blog going..if you want to check it out its theoldrockblog.wordpress.com - soon to be a .com site hopefully (maybe it's own forum). twitter @theoldrockblog :o).

Great blog Pablo, you have a new follower! slight_smile

Awesome, thanks :).  Its only been up and running about a month, so I'm happy that it's being read!.  PS...subscribe on twitter if you can, I run a friday tune on twitter and the best choice gets uploaded on the friday!

Message 55 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Pablo, I like the one about the terrible cover songs! I have heard a good few horrendous cover songs before - but those ones are awful.

Erm to be honest I'm not entirely sure haha.  I think its to differentiate yourself from other wordpress users but its a function i've never thought about really.

Message 56 of 60

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Erm to be honest I'm not entirely sure haha.  I think its to differentiate yourself from other wordpress users but its a function i've never thought about really.

Oh - I meant on this forum, sorry! tongue

With WP your personal info is in the black bar at the top and the avatar box at the side is because one user may have multiple blogs.

Message 58 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Great blog Pablo:smileyhappy:

Thanks Jonsie slight_smile

Message 59 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh - I meant on this forum, sorry! tongue

With WP your personal info is in the black bar at the top and the avatar box at the side is because one user may have multiple blogs.

Perhaps Lithium forums can be compiled to allow users to blog, maybe that functionality is turned off on this one?

Message 60 of 60