Did you mean: 

Your most-used & favourite mobile apps?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi everyone and happy Friday! Bouncy

I just read an article from a while back on Business Insider that listed 10 most-used smartphone apps. Not surprisingly, Facebook was number one! 

The list was collected from users in the US... I'd love to hear from all of you what are your most-used and favourite apps? smiley

This is the whole list of the 10 most-used apps in the US mentioned in the article:

1. Facebook
  2. YouTube
  3. Facebook Messenger
  4. Google Search
  5. Google Maps
  6. Instagram
  7. Snapchat
  8. Google Play
  9. Gmail
  10. Pandora

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Well I could certainly recommend games if I lived in the Play Store @Marjo - Lord knows I've played enough of them 🤣

As you know I love Word Cookies but I can also recommend Word Garden, Word Connect, Word Bakery, Word Choco and Word Stars.

Word Stars is particularly fun. Not only do you have to find words but once you found all the words you're given a word missing 3 letters. You have to find the 3 missing letters from the words you've found. Starts off easy but gets more difficult as you progress.

Am also into bubble shooter games big time. Used to be useless at it. But for some reason in old age I've got better 🤣

And perhaps I should have said I also live in Amazon pre-ordering films and TV boxsets and downloading books and just browsing. In fact, any non-food item I buy is through Amazon; Waitrose for food.

Sounds as if I use my phone a lot - I do!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 21 of 40

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Most used...

1) Email

2) Amazon

3) Messenger

4) BBC News

5) Google

6) FB

7) Youtube

😎 Mobdro

9) Weather

10) Asda/George

Not a game in sight....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 40

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

I haven't looked at the "official" ranking on my phone yet (either battery or data), as thought it would be fun to try and guess first, then I'll have a look and see whether Android agrees with me.

1. Spotify
  2. Audible
  3. Chrome
  4. Facebook
  5. WhatsApp
  6. Gmail
  7. Natwest
  8. VLC
  9. Amazon
  10. Android Pay

That's what I'm thinking, will see what the phone says in a moment. 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 23 of 40

Wa10
Level 19: Quirky
  • 418 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 29 Solutions

Hmm, can anybody else see the 1 on line 10 of my list above? It's definitely there, haha, however doesn't seem to be displaying...it appears if I open the message to edit though. 

I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited.
Message 24 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Wa10 wrote:

Hmm, can anybody else see the 1 on line 10 of my list above? It's definitely there, haha, however doesn't seem to be displaying...it appears if I open the message to edit though. 

No just seeing 0 @Wa10. However I physically typed mine in, I didn't use the numbered list facility at the top of the page....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 40

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah I can see it......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 40

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

On PC...this is what I am seeing

Wa10 list.PNG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 40

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
^^ Snap. On PC too.
I think mine would be as follows:
1. Kindle
2. Podkicker
3. Radio X
4. Chrome
5. Candy Crush
6. Mi Fit
7. Tu
8. YouTube
9. Strava
10. Twitter
It is a little difficult to tell as I have some apps set to ignore for battery usage (trying to stop pop ups). Might clear the settings for a week and see what crops up...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 28 of 40

Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Safari

2. All 4

3. You Tube

4. Snapchat 

5. Facebook

6. Camera

7. Messages

8. Barclays

9. Phone

10. Met Office

not very exciting! 

Message 29 of 40

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I forgot we had this topic @Anonymous! grin I looked at my list as it's been a while and there's been a couple of interesting developments since I last checked...

So last year I had these as most-used (based on the battery usage):

1. Netflix (been binge-watching Star Trek lately! Much better than Charlie's Angels!)
  2. Amazon
  3. Bingo Blitz
  4. SimCity
  5. WhatsApp
  6. Safari
  7. Ilta-Sanomat (it's a Finnish news app)
  8. Groceries
  9. Uber
  10. Facebook

But checking now, it's changed a bit:

1. Fairway Solitaire
  2. Ilta-sanomat (the Finnish news app)
  3. WhatsApp
  4. News (the Apple default news app)
  5. Facebook
  6. Safari
  7. Uber
  8. Gmail
  9. App Store
  10. Just Eat

So basically I've been playing only one very addictive mobile game instead of many for a while, moved from using Neflix on my phone to a bigger screen, and done less shopping... yahoo My parents recently got WhatsApp on their mobiles which probably contributed to the jump to number 3. They used to be technophobes and now look at them, making video calls and everything on their mobile!

Message 30 of 40