Did you mean: 

World Bee Day 2020 🐝

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey everyone,

hope you all doing well. As per last year we are celebrating the United Nations Bee Day again.

The UN designated 20 May as the day to raise awareness of the importance of these little pollinators, the threats they face and their contribution to sustainable development.

So the good news first: Our little brown and yellow friends are making a big comeback. The World’s Bee Population Is recovering During COVID-19 Lockdown. As the BBC reports: Fewer fumes and pollution particles from cars mean that bees can more easily smell floral scents that lead them to plants that need pollinating. And fewer cars on the roads also mean less drive by bee deaths.

And as many people think of bees as vicious stinging insects, let me show you how cute they actually are!!! I want to bless you all with a collection of super cute bee bums. You are welcome! 🌸 🐝

bee-bums.jpg

But we are far from ideal conditions. An estimated 80% of flowering plants and one-third of the world's food is pollinated by bees. So what can everyone of us do to help those honey-making rascals?

• planting a diverse set of native plants, which flower at different times of the year;
  • buying raw honey from local farmers;
  • buying products from sustainable agricultural practices;
  • avoiding pesticides, fungicides or herbicides in our gardens;
  • protecting wild bee colonies when possible;
  • sponsoring a hive;
  • making a bee water fountain by leaving a water bowl outside;
  • helping sustaining forest ecosystems

Our resident bee expert @TallTrees ( and proud owner of exactly 764 bees) could tell you even more about our flying pals. Let’s all help to make these cute little butts flourish! I am raising a glass of nectar - cheers! 🍹

If you want to read more about World Bee Day you can do so here.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

This one made me laugh though... Even if allergic reaction to a bee sting is no fun:

Screenshot_20200802-104613.jpg

joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 33

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25128 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Stung right on the lips - Imgflip

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 32 of 33

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10763 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Reminds me of what's-her-name jordan (katy price) recently having lips done then fell over breaking her feet! Lips put her off balance no doubt @Mi-Amigo ...this could be cost effective for her as she's bankrupt...🤡

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 33 of 33