cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are so many Community members invisible?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why do so many O2 Community members fail to make information available about themselves?  Or am I not pressing the right buttons to be able to view their profiles.  OK maybe I am an old noseyparker (don't know what the 21st century term for that is) - but I do like to have a little snippet of information about those I am corresponding with - it helps build up a picture of the person.   So come along now gentlefolk - get into "My Settings" and let's have a few lines of biography from each of you.  Let's see if we can do more to humanise this forum and make it a more attractive thriving e-neighbourhood!

Gerry

Wave

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous  I don't think its in any way suspicious ...

I feel some people make a considered choice to keep a level of anonymity...   

We do live in a democracy after all. LOL

You will be asking us to tell you our real names next ....*tuts*

Regards Denise x Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

I have just remembered something else. Some time ago, the Community used to run a Spotlight page, where members were invited to 'tell all'...

Some of us members opted in to that.

You could get in the info you want from that section...it may allay your frustrationsBouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
In this day and age of identity theft etc ,I choose not to add more than the basic info about myself.

Just me being cautious @Anonymous
Message 4 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous  I don't think its in any way suspicious ...

I feel some people make a considered choice to keep a level of anonymity...   

We do live in a democracy after all. LOL 

@Cleoriff Yes I do  of course appreciate that and I don't ask or expect anyone to divulge confidential information.  As you say we live in a democracy - but maybe it says something significant about the quality of that democracy if people are reluctant to share just a little bit about themselves in a forum where they are seeking and/or giving help and advice.

Gerry

Don't know

Message 5 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Why are so  many Community members invisible?"

I don't know about anyone else but whilst I was supervising the trial of an experimental gamma bomb for the U.S. Defense Department at a nuclear research facility in New Mexico, I selflessly rushed to the rescue of an ignorant teenager who had wandered onto the testing field as the countdown ticked inexorably toward zero. After shoving the youngster to safety in a nearby ditch, I was struck full-force by the bomb blast. I survived, but was irradiated by the deadly gamma energy....

Oh...no...thats why I sometimes turn into a big green monster not why I'm invisible... wink

Message 6 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

"Why are so  many Community members invisible?"

I don't know about anyone else but whilst I was supervising the trial of an experimental gamma bomb for the U.S. Defense Department at a nuclear research facility in New Mexico, I selflessly rushed to the rescue of an ignorant teenager who had wandered onto the testing field as the countdown ticked inexorably toward zero. After shoving the youngster to safety in a nearby ditch, I was struck full-force by the bomb blast. I survived, but was irradiated by the deadly gamma energy....

Oh...no...thats why I sometimes turn into a big green monster not why I'm invisible... wink

LOLLOL

Seriously though Guys...I did mention about the Spotlight page in my second post.

I have searched for it and can't find it.... Does it still exist?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 39

jonsie
  • 93267 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I'm with BoB here, there are too many ways of gathering personal information by unscrupulous people already without making it easy for them.

Of course if I feel some personal information is pertinent to someones problem I'll let a little slip. Thoughful

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 9 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 124199 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

There you go, but I deny everything!!!

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=member+spotlight

@jonsie  thank you muchly.....:smileywink:

However it is FAR too late to be denying anything now...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit