White Room Quiz - Special Announcement

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

white-room-quiz2.png

IS ONE YEAR OLD!!!

To celebrate the FIRST ANNIVERSAY of the WHITE ROOM QUIZ, there will be a special edition of the White Room Quiz on Monday 03 August 2020.

Instead of the usual eight questions, with two questions in each of four categories, there will be

12 questions - with one question in each of these 12 categories

HISTORY  PLACES  NATURE  SPACE  ART  LITERATURE  MUSIC  MOVIES  TV  SPORT  GAMES   FOOD & DRINK

Each correct answer given by each member will be awarded a star .

In addition, the following trophies will be awarded for

12 correct      10 correct     8 correct     6 correct     4 correct

answers          answers       answers      answers      answers

diamond-thinker.jpggolden-thinker.jpg     silver-thinker.jpg    bronze-thinker-crop.jpg      red-thinker.jpg

Diamond         Golden         Silver         Bronze              Red

Thinker           Thinker       Thinker      Thinker           Thinker

As usual, all those who wish to take part will have to pm me - @Mi-Amigo - with their answers.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of those, past and present, who have taken part in one or more White Room Quiz.

In particular, my thanks are extended to the current regulars

@Cleoriff  @jonsie  @pgn  @MI5  @gmarkj  @Anonymous  @Martin-O2  @Marjo  @LukasB  @O2Karl 

who have taken part twice a week, sometimes tackling some difficult questions.

A special mention must be made of @Cleoriff who twice was not only questionmaster but also  organised and ran the White Room Quiz, so that I could take part.

BRIEF HISTORY OF THE WHITE ROOM QUIZ:

The White Room Quiz was "born" on 01 August 2019, when it was known as the White Room Thursday Quiz.

The name "White Room [Thursday] Quiz" was chosen as an alternative to the infamous Black Chair of BBC TV`s Mastermind, which was daunting, whilst the White Room is intended as fun and an escape from the everyday pressures.

The White Room Quiz has undergone various changes during its twelve months - most notable the introduction of those taking part pming their answers being to me - Mi-Amigo as the questionmaster, and on two occasions to Cleoriff when she was questionmaster.

I hope that each and everyone of our regulars will take part in the White Room Quiz on Monday.

Thank you everyone for making this quiz so popular.

it has been, and continues to be, an honour and privilege to research, organise and run the White Room Quiz, which will continue to run for as long as members want it and enjoy it. Hero

@Mi-Amigo       

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Happy Anniversary @Mi-Amigo  and the WRQ.

Thanks also for spending so much time sorting the questions. Having stood in twice, I know what a job that is!

I love the fact that we have them twice a week. It' gives us something to look forward to.

Long may they continue. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 20

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff 

As I said, you did a brilliant job running WRQ on the two occasions.

I am more than happy to research, organise and run two WRQ each week, which keep me occupied and takes my mind off other things.

My hope is that more members will take part in WRQ in future but am more than pleased we have such a great bunch of regular quizzers.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looking forward to the Anniversary WRQ. Thank you @Mi-Amigo for making WRQs fun.
Message 13 of 20

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Anonymous 

I`m pleased you enjoy the WRQ and find it fun thumbsup and hope you like the categories for the Anniversary Quiz on Monday.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 14 of 20

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I forgot to check the categories yesterday. Yay I'm happy that nature is included! And 12 questions too so hopefully that will increase my chances of getting a star this time. grin

Message 15 of 20

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Marjo 

I`m pleased you like a "Nature" question being included in the Anniversary Quiz.

Good luck. I know you are aiming at getting the Red Thinker, and don`t forget your "rival" @LukasB will be back and no doubt be taking part.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 16 of 20

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Ohhhhhh happy anniversary @Mi-Amigo - the quiz is older than me joy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 17 of 20

Mi-Amigo
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @LukasB 

I hope you have a go at today`s Anniversary Quiz - on separate thread - with 12 questions and additional Thinkers [Diamond for 12 correct and Gold for 10 correct]. 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 18 of 20

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Just send you my answers @Mi-Amigo 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 19 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@LukasB wrote:

Just send you my answers @Mi-Amigo 

YOU ARE JOKING? @LukasB rofl