White Room End Of The Year Quiz

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25163 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to 

white-room-quiz2.png

There are two White Room Quizzes each week - one on Monday and one on Wednesday.

Today`s Quiz is the White Room End Of The Year Quiz

[part of 🎅🏻 🎄 Christmas On The Community] 

There are 15 questions based on some of the events and people who sadly passed away in 2020, with

one question on a date in each month of the year, except April for which there are four questions, and

for the first time, a PLATINUM THINKER for each person who gives 15 correct answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

Those wishing to take part must pm me - @Mi-Amigo - with their answers between 12 noon today [Wednesday] and 11.59pm tomorrow [Thursday]

I hope our regular quizzers

@Cleoriff   @pgn   @jonsie   @MI5   @gmarkj   @Anonymous   @LukasB   @Martin-O2   @Marjo 

and any member, who has taken part in the past or has never taken part, and new members

will join in with today`s White Room Quiz.

TODAY`S 15 QUESTIONS

Q1 JAN 21   Which former member of Monty Python died aged 77 ? 

Q2 FEB 16    Record high number of flood warnings in England due to storm.

What was the name of this storm ?

Q3 MAR 16  First daily TV press conference from No 10 updating public on Covid-19 pandemic with

Boris Johnson and UK Chief Medical Advisor and UK Chief Scientific Advisor.

Name either the UK Chief Medical Advisor or UK Chief Scientific Advisor.

Q4 APR 02   Eddie Large, comedian, died aged 78.

What was the stage name of his comedy partner?

Q5 APR 05   Honor Blackman, actor, died aged 94.

What was the name of the character she played in the Bond film Goldfinger?

Q6 APR 20   The founder of pirate radio station Radio Caroline died aged 91.

What was his name?

Q7 APR 29    Boris Johnson and Carrie Symonds announced birth of their son.

What first name did they give their son?  

Q8 MAY 10  The UK Government Covid-19 slogan "Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save Lives" changed

to what three-phrase slogan?

Q9 JUN 10   During anti-racist protests following killing of George Floyd, statue of 17th century slave

trader pulled down in Bristol. Who was the statue of [name]?

Q10 JUL 10  Jack Charlton, footballer, died aged 95.

Played for England in 1966 World Cup Final. Which team did he play for at that time?  

Q11 AUG 16 Ronnie O`Sullivan won his 6th World title at 2020 World Snooker Championship.

Who did he defeat in the final?

Q12 SEP 10  Diana Rigg, actor, died aged 82.

Which character did she play in the Bond film On Her Majesty`s Secret Service?

Q13 OCT 28 Bobby Ball comedian, died aged 76.

What was the name of the character he played in TV series Not Going Out?

Q14 NOV 15  Ray Clemence, goalkeeper, died aged 72

How many England caps did he get between 1972 and 1983?

Q15 DEC 10  Barbara Windsor died aged 85.

What was the title of the first Carry On film in which she appeared in 1964?

The White Room Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

Those who want to take part must pm [private message] me [Mi-Amigo] with their answers between 12 noon today [Wed 30 Dec] and 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thursday 31 Dec]

- allowing 36 hours to pm your answers.

Please do not post your answers on the thread.

The answers - and results for each player taking part - will be posted on morning of Fri 1 Jan 2021

THE RULES

Each member must pm [private message] their answers to me [Mi-Amigo] after 12 noon today [Wed 30 December 2020] and before 23.59 [11.59pm] tomorrow [Thurs 31 December 2020].

No member is to post any answer on the thread.

Any answer received after 23.59 [11.59pm] on Thursday 31 December will be declared void.

No googling, wiki, youtube search for answers.

The White Room Quiz is open to all members.

New members, who have recently joined the Community, and members who have not taken part before, are welcome to join the "regulars" and take part in this quiz

Each correct answer given by each member will be awarded a star .

In addition, the following trophies will be awarded for

15 correct

answers

blue-thinker3.jpg

Platinum Thinker

12 correct      10 correct     8 correct     6 correct     4 correct

answers          answers       answers      answers      answers

diamond-thinker.jpggolden-thinker.jpg     silver-thinker.jpg    bronze-thinker-crop.jpg      red-thinker.jpg

Diamond         Golden         Silver         Bronze              Red

Thinker           Thinker       Thinker      Thinker           Thinker

Please feel free to post any comments on the questions - but not the answers - on this thread.

If you have any questions about the quiz, please ask and I will reply here.

Thank you everyone for your interest and for making the quiz so popular.

I hope everyone enjoys today`s White Room Quiz, and find it fun.

Good luck, everyone

@Mi-Amigo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122977 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

61 caps!! out by one I put 60. Damn. Still it was a guess...rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 42

Mi-Amigo
  • 25163 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

THE RESULTS:

@LukasB 

Q1  correct - awarded star Q2 pass   Q3 correct - awarded star   Q4 pass   Q5  correct - awarded star

Q6  pass   Q7 Covid - incorrect = Covid Johnson, son of Boris LOL

Q8  Hands, Face, Space - incorrect  Q9 pass  Q10 pass  Q11 pass  Q12 pass  Q13 pass  Q14 pass  Q15 pass  

Total: three  star for three correct answers

@MI5 

Q1   correct - awarded star Q2  correct - awarded star  Q3 correct - awarded star

Q4   correct - awarded star Q5  correct - awarded star  Q6 correct - awarded star

Q7   correct - awarded star Q8  correct - awarded star  Q9 correct - awarded star

Q10 correct - awarded starQ11 correct - awarded star  Q12 correct - awarded star 

Q13 correct - awarded starQ14 correct - awarded star  Q15 correct - awarded star 

plus, for 15 correct answers, also awarded

blue-thinker3.jpg

Platinum Thinker

@Cleoriff 

Q1   correct - awarded star Q2  correct - awarded star  Q3 correct - awarded star

Q4   correct - awarded star Q5  correct - awarded star  Q6 correct - awarded star

Q7   correct - awarded star Q8  correct - awarded star  Q9 correct - awarded star

Q10 correct - awarded starQ11 correct - awarded star  Q12 correct - awarded star 

Q13 correct - awarded star

Q14 60 caps - as so close to the correct answer [61], I`ll accept it as correct and award star 

Q15 correct - awarded star 

blue-thinker3.jpg

Platinum Thinker

@pgn 

Q13 correct - awarded star

Q14 60 caps - as so close to the correct answer [61], I`ll accept it as correct and award star 

Q15 correct - awarded star 

blue-thinker3.jpg

Platinum Thinker

@gmarkj 

Q1   correct - awarded star  Q2 correct - awarded star  Q3   correct - awarded star 

Q4   correct - awarded star  Q5 correct - awarded star  Q6  pass

Q7   Harold - incorrect   Q8 Hands; Face; Space - incorrect    Q9 pass  Q10 correct - awarded star 

Q11 correct - awarded star  Q12   correct - awarded starQ13 correct - awarded star 

Q14 pass   Q15  correct - awarded star

plus, for 10 correct answers, also awarded

golden-thinker.jpg

Gold Thinker

@jonsie 

Q7   correct - awarded star Q8  Hands; Face; Space - incorrect  Q9 correct - awarded star 

Q10 correct - awarded star Q11 correct - awarded starQ12 correct - awarded star 

Q13 correct - awarded star Q14 77 caps - incorrect       Q15 correct - awarded star 

plus, for more than 12 correct answers, also awarded

diamond-thinker.jpg

Diamond Thinker

@Anonymous 

Q1   correct - awarded star Q2 pass   Q3 pass   Q4 correct - awarded star  Q5 correct - awarded star 

Q6   pass   Q7 pass   Q8 pass   Q9 correct - awarded star  Q10 correct - awarded star

Q11  Judd Trump - incorrect   Q12 pass   Q13 pass   Q14 17 caps - incorrect 

Q15 Carry On Camping - incorrect

plus, for more than four correct answers, also awarded

red-thinker.jpg

Red Thinker

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 32 of 42

Mi-Amigo
  • 25163 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

AWARDS:

blue-thinker3.jpg

Platinum Thinker           = 15 correct answers - @MI5   @Cleoriff   @pgn 

diamond-thinker.jpg

Diamond Thinker + star = 13 correct answers - @jonsie 

golden-thinker.jpg 

Gold Thinker                    = 10 correct answers - @gmarkj 

red-thinker.jpg

Red Thinker + star           = 5 correct answers - @Anonymous 

star star star                      = 3 correct answers -  @LukasB 

CONGRATULATIONS to the PLATINUM THINKERS - @MI5   @Cleoriff   @pgn  

Well done

@jonsie           - Diamond Thinker + star 

@gmarkj         - Gold Thinker  

@Anonymous  - Red Thinker + star

@LukasB         - star star star     

Everyone who took part got at least one    - star star star         

I hope everyone enjoyed this End of the Year edition of the White Room Quiz.

I hope you will all take part in Monday`s White Room Quiz, which will be the first WRQ of 2021

with ten questions - one question on each of these categories 

HISTORY  PEOPLE   PLACES   ART   FOOD & DRINK  GEOGRAPHY  LITERATURE   MUSIC   TV  SPORT

with the chance to be a Gold Thinker. 

Thank you everyone for taking part in the WRQ during 2020 and I wish everyone a

HAPPY NEW YEAR

@Mi-Amigo 

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 33 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tough one!
Message 34 of 42

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35995 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

Most generous, @Mi-Amigo, thank you! I figured on 6 caps a year over a decade (allowing for a settling-in year) - so completely random guess! T'was an interesting format for a quiz, and well done all, a good spread of Thinkers and Stars 👍🌟

Message 35 of 42

MI5
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Well done to all 👍
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 36 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122977 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Most generous, @Mi-Amigo, thank you! I figured on 6 caps a year over a decade (allowing for a settling-in year) - so completely random guess! T'was an interesting format for a quiz, and well done all, a good spread of Thinkers and Stars 👍🌟

That was my rationale for working out the Caps question @pgn  so thanks for allowing it @Mi-Amigo 

As you said, it was close enough. In my opinion, that was the hardest question of all.

Well done everyone.yahoo

A great head scratcher of a quiz @Mi-Amigo. Thanks for all your hard work in compiling it. kissing_heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 42

Mi-Amigo
  • 25163 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @Anonymous  @pgn  @MI5  @Cleoriff for your comments.

As said, some of the questions were "head-scratchers" and, in my opinion, the Ray Clemence question on the number of caps was the hardest, which is why I gave a star for 60 caps as it was so close to the 61 caps he won and which few would know unless possibly because they were a Liverpool fan and knew about his career.

It was fun, if not a little bit of work, putting this quiz together and I am so pleased that so many of the quizzers took part, and, again congratulations to the first Platinum Thinkers, and well done to everyone who took part, and also I`m pleased that everyone enjoyed the quiz. Thank you.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 38 of 42

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
  • 25163 Posts
  • 811 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @jonsie 

Well done on getting a Diamond Thinker + star

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 40 of 42