Did you mean: 

What made me happy today...

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2210 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey guys.

In one of my old forums I was a member of (not existing anymore since this year), we had a thread where everybody just told in short what made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! slight_smile

To start: I'm working for EMS and my first call today was am expected birth. So we hoped we would be able to bring her into hospital just in time. But it didn't work. I was at the patient and she just said "it's coming"... My team-mate was driving REALLY fast, it took him about an kilometer to brake - during that time the baby was just born. Even we were a really young team and not long into job, we did VERY well and even the doctors told us we did excellent.

(Our last call was a reanimation on the street, the woman did not get an own circulation again.... But I guess that's the circle of life :D)

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 1 of 2,234
2,233 REPLIES 2,233

ComaChameleon
  • 2210 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@pgn

Haha yes grin But it is said in Düsseldorf they give Kölsch (the only language you can drink, btw) to horses, they pee and that's called "Alt" grin

mqdefault.jpg

But due to good sewage plants I think it's a urban myth XD

Kölsch and Alt is said to taste almost the same. It's just the rivalry between them both, Cologne has a really old history, begun with the Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium from the Romans... Düsseldorf has their Neandertaler and has a really new history as the "desk of the Ruhr-area" and as capital of Northrhine-Westphalia.

Cologne has a bit more heart, Düsseldorf is really clean and sterile...

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 371 of 2,234

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Not sure about the train @ComaChameleon never looked into it but I would imagine it's rather expensive. I also don't know if there is such a train journey unless you go from London to Paris by Eurostar and then Paris into Germany also by train. Must investigate and see what the cost would be if it could be done. I do love travelling by train even short journeys. Unlike the tube which I find slightly claustrophobic and I'm don't suffer from claustrophobia.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 372 of 2,234

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37203 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions
Message 373 of 2,234

ComaChameleon
  • 2210 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Glory1

Prices starting from 59.90€ (<~50 GBP)

Or do you like buses? Flixbus for example is good

@pgn

Isn't it? grin

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 374 of 2,234

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
£50 is not bad. Must really investigate further.

Okay can I ask whst is Flixbus? And I do like buses.

Message 375 of 2,234

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

I'm not sure @Glory1 though it sounds like the Bendy bus they have in Spain....(Runs on a track and bends in the middle lol )

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 376 of 2,234

ComaChameleon
  • 2210 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

Flixbus is a big (leading) German bus-company (not that old, but they're expanding... They bought the Megabus part in continental europe for example), they've good prices, went with them in december.

Over here (Germany only) long-distance coaches weren't allowed to keep up the monopol of the Deutsche Bahn (German trains), so when it fell some years ago (think it was 2012 or something like that) the companies build up a network and trumped the prices of the Bahn (it's really expensive to travel by train here)

Impressive what they build up in such a short time.

Aswell as the market is now open for private train companies on selected routes - for example National Express has now a route Cologne - Hamburg. It's confusing to see the big "National Express" on trains going along at work grin

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 377 of 2,234

Anonymous
Not applicable

2 families of Mallard ducks with ducklings ... one with 3 ... one with 2

a pair of swans with 6 cygnets

Best of all, a male blackbird drinking from the birdbath on the outside table 

Message 378 of 2,234

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
That sounds lovely @Anonymous.

I don't see many birds, though I hear them in the trees in our garden 24/7 all year round. Brings the country to central London for me. The greenery of the trees, the colourful flowers and the birds singing in the trees.

Message 379 of 2,234

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124120 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

We never hear bird sounds in the winter (despite having a garden surrounded by trees).

One of my favourite things is hearing them in Spring. This heralds the beginning of summer for me.

When I worked nights (in my last nursing job) I would open the ward door and just stand outside listening to them at 4.30am.

Really lifted my spirits....and prepared me for the mad rush between 6-8am in getting patients up, showered/bathed and dressed....Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 380 of 2,234