Did you mean: 

What made me happy today...

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey guys.

In one of my old forums I was a member of (not existing anymore since this year), we had a thread where everybody just told in short what made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! slight_smile

To start: I'm working for EMS and my first call today was am expected birth. So we hoped we would be able to bring her into hospital just in time. But it didn't work. I was at the patient and she just said "it's coming"... My team-mate was driving REALLY fast, it took him about an kilometer to brake - during that time the baby was just born. Even we were a really young team and not long into job, we did VERY well and even the doctors told us we did excellent.

(Our last call was a reanimation on the street, the woman did not get an own circulation again.... But I guess that's the circle of life :D)

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 1 of 2,234
2,233 REPLIES 2,233

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

It all sounds fantastic @ComaChameleon and your new job sounds what you've been looking for, for a long time.

I wish you every happiness in your new home and new job.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1201 of 2,234

ComaChameleon
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @Glory1  ❤️

The only thing is, it's an aid organisation... So it's not a 100% safe job (unlike city-employees) because it has to be put up on calls for bid every x years. And all organisations and companies (it's only one company) can bid... So yes... That's the only downsite. 

I hope it'll be like I now got shown. slight_smile

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 1202 of 2,234

Cleoriff
  • 123076 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@ComaChameleon 

This new job soundss pretty great if honest. Not just the pay, more the fact that you are made to feel worthwhile and they are recognising your talents and skills.

So with this and your new flat, it sounds as if a new and better chapter of your life is beginning. So pleased and happy for you. heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1203 of 2,234

ComaChameleon
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thank you @Cleoriff  ❤️ 

Today I got an email from my soon-to-be-boss. She told me I'll soon get the dates for the first aid instructor. And she asked me if I want to get the course to become an instructor (like teaching nurse would be in hospital...). So I said yes. Not yet there and I already get everything. It's so weird!

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 1204 of 2,234

Cleoriff
  • 123076 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@ComaChameleon wrote:

Thank you @Cleoriff  ❤️ 

Today I got an email from my soon-to-be-boss. She told me I'll soon get the dates for the first aid instructor. And she asked me if I want to get the course to become an instructor (like teaching nurse would be in hospital...). So I said yes. Not yet there and I already get everything. It's so weird!

Not weird really @ComaChameleon , just a completely different place to work. One which obviously knows how to look after and get the best out of their staff.

I'm really delighted for you heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1205 of 2,234

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

I agree with @Cleoriff, @ComaChameleon. At last you seem to have found a job where they look after their staff and see they have the proper training to do the best for the people they look after.

It's about time you got a good job. I wish you every success in your new job, it's sounds like a keeper.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1206 of 2,234

ComaChameleon
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff  & @Glory1 

It seems like they want to keep people in their organisation. Unlike other places. Especially in times where staffshortage is at highest it's the factors which keep you at a place

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 1207 of 2,234

ComaChameleon
  • 2208 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So monday it's two weeks into the new job. I like the people. I finally like to go to work again. After we gave the pagers too the new crew, we stay there together (we have some gardenchairs in our hall, so we can sit outside) and just enjoy the evening.

Our "boss" (he is responsible for our team, but no CEO or something like that) is nice, had 3 of my 4 duties this week with him. 

This weekend I'm on call, but he told me he won't call me as  already worked too much (we're not allowed too much overhours), so he rented a paramedic from rent-a-doctor instead and let me stand on call so I still get the 30€/day. 

So for my instructor (not the first aid one, the other) I have to give up a week of my vacation days, so I get full payment through the course and get it paid, so no cost for me (it's about 2600€ worth the course and my market price rises). I think that's fair.

Title

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 1208 of 2,234

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Yes that seems very fair @ComaChameleon and it's a job where you are valued. Really pleased for you

Message 1209 of 2,234

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @ComaChameleon happy for you smiling

Message 1210 of 2,234