What are you watching right now?

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

frank-okay-R1J6Z1cnJZc-unsplash.jpg

Hi everyone wave

You might think we already have a couple of movie/series threads. But as @Cleoriff noticed, we don't have a thread where we can all chat about general TV and all the series, films and shows you discover and love. So, here it is!

Drop your recent watching and your recommendations in this thread. And maybe you will find a few things that you haven't watched yourself yet? 

Keep the remote on the ready tv

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 132
131 REPLIES 131

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Might have snuck in the first 20 minutes during lunch earlier.
Some knowledge of what has happened so far might be useful, but so far does not refer back without giving the context.
I like how they have done this and interested to see how it continues.
Only frustration is that they release episodes weekly so have to wait for them!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 51 of 132

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I'm on the fence about weekly episode releases @gmarkj. Quite a few recent shows have started doing it and I was fully opposed at first being a binge watcher but I actually quite like having a new episode to look forward to each week. Especially if I have a couple of shows on the go! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 52 of 132

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Yes it seems to have swung the other way (from all at once to weekly).
It also drives conversations on social media as people are talking about "this week" and wondering what happens "next week".

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 53 of 132

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Watched IN PLAIN SITE on Monday, Tuesday and final part last might.

Brilliant and well acted. Thank you @Cleoriff and @TheresaV for recommending it.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 55 of 132

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Have you watched "24 hours in police custody" on BBC @Mi-Amigo? There are different seasons but they are really well made and maybe something you would enjoy too! I absolutely love them!

signature

Message 56 of 132

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@TheresaV wrote:

Have you watched "24 hours in police custody" on BBC @Mi-Amigo? There are different seasons but they are really well made and maybe something you would enjoy too! I absolutely love them!

I haven`t watched "24 hours in police custody" @TheresaV . I prefer crime dramas based on real cases; but might have a look at these on BBC i-player.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 57 of 132

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Then you would probably enjoy Mindhunter on Netflix @Mi-Amigo 

signature

Message 58 of 132

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I also watched the finale of IN PLAIN SITE last night.

Brilliant, although I still can't get used to Martin Compston (with his real Scots accent) playing such a terrible man. (In Line of Duty he plays a good copper from Essex)

Then have been recording SMOTHER on Alibi. Another excellent drama with a few twists.

Tonight, I will be watching THE SUPERVET (NOT for the fainthearted if you can't stand watching surgery)

Oh and for anyone who watches the SOAPS (Like me...well Emmerdale and Corrie.. NOT Eastenders) due to the football next week, ITV will be showing all their soaps on the ITV HUB.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 132

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:
Yes it seems to have swung the other way (from all at once to weekly).
It also drives conversations on social media as people are talking about "this week" and wondering what happens "next week".

I think that's a big part of it. If they release a 10 episode show on a Friday most people are done with it by Monday but with weekly releases they can keep chatter about the show going for the duration. 

signature

Message 60 of 132