What are you watching right now?

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

frank-okay-R1J6Z1cnJZc-unsplash.jpg

Hi everyone wave

You might think we already have a couple of movie/series threads. But as @Cleoriff noticed, we don't have a thread where we can all chat about general TV and all the series, films and shows you discover and love. So, here it is!

Drop your recent watching and your recommendations in this thread. And maybe you will find a few things that you haven't watched yourself yet? 

Keep the remote on the ready tv

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 132
131 REPLIES 131

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ally McBeal Series 1 Ep 1-4
Message 101 of 132

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I'm watching the new Bake Off: The Professionals and love it on so many levels sweat_smile I wish I was one of the crew to eat the cakes after filming....

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 102 of 132

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126375 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Still watching Baptiste. A thriller series on Sunday. This is series 2 but can be watched as a standalone series.

Professor T with Ben Miller Also on Sunday. Professor Temple has OCD and teaches Forensic criminology at Oxford University. He is reluctantly called in to help police with murder cases.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 103 of 132

Cleoriff
  • 126375 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

@TheresaV 

The GBBO is back tomorrow . https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/Great-British-Bake-Off-2021/m-p/1488335#M237308  @Mi-Amigo  has already started a thread about it.

Currently I'm watching a few good things on TV.

New series of Gogglebox started last week. Just as brilliant as ever.

Vigil a 6 part drama about a submarine. Suranne Jones plays a cop who is winched aboard to check on the death of one of the crew. Excellent. BBC1

ManHunt The Night Stalker starts tonight. The wonderful Martin Clunes plays a detective. One not to miss I think.

Help. A drama starring the superb Jodie Comer and Stephen Graham. Watched this a few days ago. Heart wrenching really. Jodie stars as an inexperienced  care assistant who starts a new job in a understaffed care home at the beginning of the Covid19 pandemic. Stephen Graham plays a patient with early onset dementia aged 47. Brilliantly acted. Particularly when she gets to work one night to find she is the only one on to look after 20 patients, some of whom have got Covid. Struggling with no PPE, a real indictment on the government. Really recommend this.

Silent Witness is back with a new series BBC1 Mon and Tuesday

Saving Lives At Sea. superb TV showing the work of the RNLI and how these volunteers save lives around the country rescuing people from the sea.

Strictly come Dancing (SCD) is back on our screens from last Saturday. Love it.

It's Autumn so there will be more great TV.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 104 of 132

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25666 Posts
  • 863 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Definitely be watching Man Hunt - Night Stalker tonight [Mon] on ITV and GBBO tomorrow [Tuesday].

With Autumn just round the corner, hope there is going to be some good programmes to watch as the nights get darker earlier...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 105 of 132

Cleoriff
  • 126375 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

I forgot to mention The North Water an excellent series starring Colin Farrell, Jack O'Connell, Tom Courtney and Stephen Graham (again). A drama about a whaling ship and it's crew. It was filmed in the Arctic and at times the cast were on a real 19th century whaling ship. Can be a bit gruesome at times but is really superb viewing. Plot: A disgraced ex-army surgeon signs up as ship's doctor on a whaling expedition to the Arctic. On board he meets a harpooner, a brutish killer whose amorality has been shaped to fit the harshness of his world. Hoping to escape the horrors of his past, he finds himself on an ill-fated journey with a murderous psychopath. Currently on BBC 2 or catch up.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 106 of 132

TheresaV
Former Staff
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I literally can't wait for GBBO to start @Cleoriff @Mi-Amigo, it's my absolute favourite 😍

Also have ManHunt The Night Stalker and Vigil on my list, both of which look very good and I did see a snippet of Vigil on last week's Gogglebox and was intrigued. But I do have to finish some other series first, otherwise I can already see my head spinning 😂

signature

Message 107 of 132

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12683 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1156 Solutions

We are in the middle of series 2 of Prodigal Son - very good if rather gruesome!

Gogglebox will be recording, as will ManHunt (did anyone catch the first series - excellent!) and Vigil.

Help is waiting but can imagine this will be good if a little close to the bone...

We used to watch Silent Witness but missed a series and never caught up. With so much to watch now it's hard to go back.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 108 of 132

Cleoriff
  • 126375 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

@gmarkj 

No worries with missing anything on Silent Witness. It's shown on  Monday and Tuesday nights and the story is told and unfolds over those two episodes. The following week, its a different storyline.

Just miss 'Clarissa'.

Yes did see 1st series of Manhunt. I love Martin Clunes. He is always Doc Martin to me so to see him in a completely different role is great.

Please watch HELP. Jodie Comer better known as Villenelle in Killing Eve, goes back to her Liverpool roots and is just superb. She makes you laugh and cry. So does Stephen Graham. It is a hard watch at times but has a good ending. Very thought provoking.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 109 of 132

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25666 Posts
  • 863 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Cup of tea and slice of cake at the side

Telly on ready

Waiting for Manhunt - The Night Stalker to start at 9pm....

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 110 of 132