Did you mean: 

What are you reading?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey guys!

Today is Book Lovers day, so I wanted to ask if anyone here is reading any books at the moment?

What are your favourites? I love everything from Robert Holdstock (fantasy novels mainly).

I got reminded of this in the guess the movie thread today actually: I've read the Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller quite many times (at least 3) and even collected different editions of the book at some point in the past. It's also one of my favourites! Movie was good too. I recently discovered also that it has an epilogue called a Thousand Country Roads. ❤️

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've started reading a book about Fort Knox.....but i found it hard to get into!!!

Message 2 of 32

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144653 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27730 Solutions

tumbleweed tumbleweeds ghost town reactions lonely

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 32

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anything by James Patterson, Peter James, Jeffrey Deaver....in fact any murder and myster, the gorier the better!!

Message 4 of 32

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Gave up on reading books years ago as it took me ages to finish one and I'm not a slow reader! I'm not one for sitting down to read unless I'm travelling and not driving hence it takes ages. Now I mainly read computer technical books (beats using the internet at times). I have an evergrowing collection of retro computing books that are an insight to the 80's/90's companies and people when PC's were non-existent. Eventually I'll get round to reading them though they are a modern history of an era not really documented. 

Message 5 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Shepherd's Life ... A Tale of the Lake District: James Rebanks

I used to be an avid reader of books ... however ... now can only manage a few pages at a time slight_frown

I do enjoy BBC Radio 4's Book at Bedtime ... & ... Book of the Week slight_smile

Message 6 of 32

Cleoriff
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

At the moment I am reading a thriller by Karen Rose....I love psychological thrillers. Gregg Hurwitz is a brilliant writer. I enjoy reading. Not Kindle.. I have two of those.. pretty much unused. I just love books...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 32

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12101 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1125 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Anything by James Patterson, Peter James, Jeffrey Deaver....in fact any murder and myster, the gorier the better!!

Try Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child - they wrote the books Relic and Reliquary along with a series about a FBI agent who looks into the slightly stranger cases.

If you like horror sci-fi then the Infected trilogy by Scott Sigler would be a good bet. He does some great gory horror based on science with a twist.

If you use either Kindle (actual or app) or Google's Play Books then there is a great website called Bookbub (https://www.bookbub.com/home/about.php) which emails links to reduced or free books. Generally they are the first in a series (to get you hooked) but can be a way to find new authors. You personalise what type of books you are interested in and it then emails you every day with some to look at.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 8 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Val McDermid, Karen Slaughter, Dan Brown and of course Clive Cussler.....all my favourites

Message 9 of 32

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

If you use either Kindle (actual or app) or Google's Play Books then there is a great website called Bookbub (https://www.bookbub.com/home/about.php) which emails links to reduced or free books. Generally they are the first in a series (to get you hooked) but can be a way to find new authors. You personalise what type of books you are interested in and it then emails you every day with some to look at.

Cool, thanks for the tip @gmarkj! @CleoriffI haven't used Kindle much (yet) because I keep thinking it's not the same as a real book and I would find the experience somehow lacking. In the bus when I see people reading on their Kindles I always notice how dark the screen/page is. Isn't it hard to read like that?

@Anonymous My mum is actually crazy about Dan Brown. grin

Message 10 of 32