Did you mean: 

Wallpaper Wednesdays #1

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all,

So, as most of you will be aware, this is my first post on the community 😄. When I joined, I wanted to make sure I brought big ideas with me that will benefit the community. This is one of those.

As humans, we spend so much time on our devices (mainly, phones) that we may as well have nice, fresh wallpapers to stare at too! That's my opinion anyway.

The idea is that on a Wednesday, I or a community member will start a new thread titled Wallpaper Wednesdays #X. They'll post a photo that users can save and use as a new wallpaper. The OP can also provide some context for the photo too; this could be why they like it, maybe what the photo is of, or something else 📸.

Other members can also reply with their own photos too! Hopefully, that means, we'll end up with a nice collection to choose from by the end of the day.

This could be a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly feature, dependent on its popularity. If there's a Wednesday when a Wallpaper Wednesdays thread hasn't been created but you'd like to share your new wallpaper, then please go ahead and start one.

Here's my submission 🌌:

Hubble ultra deep field.jpg

Context: This view of nearly 10,000 galaxies is called the Hubble Ultra Deep Field. The photo was taken by NASA's Hubble Space Telescope between 2003 and 2012. You can read more in this article.

Personally, I love a bit of space. I think this is such an amazing photo, that reminds us of how big the universe is. Feel free to save the photo and use it as a wallpaper too. The dark background works so well on my iPhone.

Let me know if you like it! If you have any thoughts or your own wallpapers to share, please do 😊.

Thanks!

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nice idea for a topic @lewys-gp 

I like your galaxy wallpaper.

I use a laptop and my wallpaper/screensaver is the same as my avatar on this Community 

radiocaroline-crop2.jpg

This is the mv Mi Amigo, the "home" to the most famous radio station Radio Caroline, which broadcast in international waters from 1964 to 1980, when, sadly, the ship sank - but Radio Caroline returned in 1983 from a new ship mv Ross Revenge and again broadcasting from international waters to 1991, when the Ross Revenge ran aground on Goodwin Sands. The ship was saved and finally Radio Caroline was granted a licence in 2017 to broadcast in the UK and began regular broadcasts from mv Ross Revenge, anchored in Blackwater Estuary in December 2020 and is still broadcasting today.

"Pirate radio", as it was called, brought music to millions. Radio Caroline was a part of my life and have so many fond memories of the station and helping keep it on the air. So, for me, a suitable wallpaper and screensaver.   

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 2 of 28

lewys-gp
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Oh wow, I love that backstory @Mi-Amigo.

Unfortunately, I never had the chance to experience pirate radio but have been exposed to it through different media. The Boat That Rocked and People Just Do Nothing are notable mentions. I listen to Rinse FM from time to time and they were a pirate station, to begin with (not in the sea though, East London instead 😂).

Podcasts: OFF. Radio Caroline: ON. For the rest of the day. Cheers for sharing, @Mi-Amigo.

Message 3 of 28

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

It is now harvest time, a special month with the Harvest Moon tonight 22nd September 

HARVEST MOON

images.jpeg.jpg

 and my harvest yesterday of My home grown Apples and Pears very special time

MY HARVEST 

20210917_103415.jpg

My submissions @lewys-gp 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 4 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@lewys-gp 

My wallpapers are ALWAYS big cats. I love them and watch every programme I can

I changed it for a while on my phone with a picture of Lewis Hamilton winning his 7th WDC. (Mercedes AMG also do a wallpaper Wednesday)

I use my laptop more than my mobile, however this is my phone wallpaper.

phone wallpaper.jpg

Cheetah with cubs. My favourite big cat of all

This is on my PC

snow_leopard_big_cat_carnivore_lay_59922_1920x1080.jpg

A snow leopard. Hunted to near extinction. Really beautiful.

This is the wallpaper I had for a couple of weeks when Hamilton won his 7th WDC

Lewis 7xwdc.png

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 28

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@lewys-gp 

Have a look at https://apod.nasa.gov for loads of awesome photos from NASA... 

Just wait till we get the photos from the James Webb Telescope slight_smile 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 28

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for sharing all, @TallTrees @Cleoriff and @madasaf1sh.

My father's side of the family comes from farming and then greengrocers roots, so great to see you getting an autumn harvest in @TallTrees.

I remember in one of the David Attenborough series when they managed to get elusive snow leopard on film too. It's such a pity how many animals are at risk @Cleoriff.

I could get lost for hours on the NASA website @madasaf1sh. Will definitely make a note to keep an eye out for photos from the James Webb 👍.

Message 7 of 28

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

This photo says it all "Harvest Moon"   @lewys-gp 

just had to post it here ~ 

Harvest-Moon.jpg

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 8 of 28

RafaC
Former Staff
  • 1774 Posts
  • 157 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Great topic @lewys-gp!

I use a similar image to yours as my phone wallpaper, it's actually an updated version of the image that you've posted: https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/2019/hubble-astronomers-assemble-wide-view-of-the-evolving-univ...

The full resolution image has almost 1GB (!!!!): https://hubblesite.org/contents/media/images/2019/17/4493-Image.html)

@madasaf1sh as you probably can tell from my reply I'm a bit of a cosmos enthusiast as well and I didn't know about the link you've posted, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! Thanks for sharing!

Also, @Cleoriff I really liked you Lewis Hamilton wallpaper and the @TallTrees picture of the harvest moon with the trees in front of it. 

@Mi-Amigo great backstory about your avatar image indeed. As Lewys already mentioned, I really loved The Boat That Rocked, great movie about pirate stations!

Message 9 of 28

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

I was studying for a degree in AstroPhysics for a good while before work and life took over, I love anything Space related. 

I have a lot of Space related Lego as well.....

We even have space channel at work on our Slack Workspace

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 28