Did you mean: 

Wallpaper Wednesdays #1

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi all,

So, as most of you will be aware, this is my first post on the community 😄. When I joined, I wanted to make sure I brought big ideas with me that will benefit the community. This is one of those.

As humans, we spend so much time on our devices (mainly, phones) that we may as well have nice, fresh wallpapers to stare at too! That's my opinion anyway.

The idea is that on a Wednesday, I or a community member will start a new thread titled Wallpaper Wednesdays #X. They'll post a photo that users can save and use as a new wallpaper. The OP can also provide some context for the photo too; this could be why they like it, maybe what the photo is of, or something else 📸.

Other members can also reply with their own photos too! Hopefully, that means, we'll end up with a nice collection to choose from by the end of the day.

This could be a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly feature, dependent on its popularity. If there's a Wednesday when a Wallpaper Wednesdays thread hasn't been created but you'd like to share your new wallpaper, then please go ahead and start one.

Here's my submission 🌌:

Hubble ultra deep field.jpg

Context: This view of nearly 10,000 galaxies is called the Hubble Ultra Deep Field. The photo was taken by NASA's Hubble Space Telescope between 2003 and 2012. You can read more in this article.

Personally, I love a bit of space. I think this is such an amazing photo, that reminds us of how big the universe is. Feel free to save the photo and use it as a wallpaper too. The dark background works so well on my iPhone.

Let me know if you like it! If you have any thoughts or your own wallpapers to share, please do 😊.

Thanks!

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Cheers, @RafaC

@madasaf1sh and Rafa, if you use Twitter, I recommend following someone called @virtualastro. They often tweet about upcoming events. I've caught the Space Station and SpaceX's satellites going over a good few times.

Message 11 of 28

RunrigForever
  • 2079 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What a great topic

I love photography ... but ... just a Happy Snappa

My screen shot on my laptop if an out of focus pic of my cat Marty, looking straight to camera

My screen shot on my Xperia L1 is just a colourful amorphous one which comes with the phone

I too love big wild cats like @Cleoriff 

The tiger is my favourite

I once saw a documentary about trying to capture footage about the elusive snow leopard. The film makers could hear snow leopards calling ... but ... heart-breakingly they did get not-live footage of a snow leopard with her foot caught in one of those GoddamnAwful man-traps ... I cried ... the camera crew said she would be unable to catch prey with her leg like that and would undergo a very slow death ... how could anyone set traps for this elusive stunnigly beautiful creature 😞

***DESORMAIS***
Message 12 of 28

Projectionist
Level 12: Nimble
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Here's my contribution - Windermere, looking south from Todd Crag, Loughrigg Fell, with Ambleside to the left.

windermere.jpg

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 13 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Absolutely beautiful @Projectionist 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 28

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Lovely photo @Projectionist of a beautiful scene thumbsup

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 15 of 28

Pipstop78
  • 526 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have wallpaper of my daughter and her horse Ned but can't put picture up 

Message 16 of 28

Pipstop78
Level 9: Fired up
  • 526 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Love your wall paper it's fabulous 

Message 17 of 28

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10659 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

I know it's not Wednesday @lewys-gp 

but I just love this super little moon I took the other day..posting here for you lewys

20211004_065019.jpg

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 18 of 28

lewys-gp
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Oh, that's great @TallTrees

Thank you for sharing 😁🌙.

Message 19 of 28

TallTrees