cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for O2 to answer for 22 minutes and counting

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it acceptable to be holding on for 22 minutes?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Chrissy2014

It can sometimes depend on the time of day and if it's a weekend than can affect call times.

Theirs been more than two new releases of new products that may have caused excess inbound calls ,and as we are all customers too here we cannot - any of us - 100% say why these call times can exist.

I hope you get through swiftly. 😄
Message 11 of 28

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Point taken with this @Bambino  It is true that new product launches are old news now...

However if you link that to the fact that on both threads for these phones, people are still waiting ....it IS one of the reasons given

It shouldn't be, as you say.....but they are definitely not coping and using this as an excuse.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Point taken with this @Bambino  It is true that new product launches are old news now...

However if you link that to the fact that on both threads for these phones, people are still waiting ....it IS one of the reasons given

It shouldn't be, as you say.....but they are definitely not coping and using this as an excuse.....

I don't ever call CS, but if that's a reason they're using, it really is paltry. My comment was basically concerned with the word 'new' being used as an excuse. Neither of the phones I mentioned are really new, and as far as other phones being released since September, none of them would come close to the interest generated by the iPhone 6 or the Note 4, with the possibe exception of the Samsung Galaxy S5, although I never see anyone saying they haven't had a delivery of one of those. The fact remains that O2 have been extremely inefficient in dealing with deliveries and customer enquiries as to where those deliveries are. That's what's clogging the phone lines. We as customers should not be trying to make excuses for O2's current customer service poor standards.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

It is extremely sad that CS service appears to be deteriorating. Not only with wait times on the phone but delivery of new phones etc etc...Perhaps they have cut back on staff? Who knows....

It is a really sad state of affairs that many of the postings on here are are complains about O2 CS....:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I waited 38 minutes yesterday before my husband said put down the phone as we were paying.

Message 15 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Calling from your mobile on 202 is 100% free.
Message 16 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Yes...it is free if you are a contract customer and 25p if PAYG....However sometimes the call can be about your mobile. no good then if you are using it to phone....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 28

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Cost from calling from a landline will be dependant on your service provider but will be charged at the standard non geographical number rate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to advise a person finding this thread -> On the Payg big bundle tariff calling Customer Services on 4445 is free too. 😄
Message 19 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122816 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions
For clarity. Calls from a PAYG phone are only free on Big Bundle Tariffs. All other PAYG tariffs are charged at 25p per call

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 28