Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems

Disgruntled50
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I created my account via a comparison website. No issues untill a few minutes after the creation of the account. My account was blocked by O2 after 3 hours and this caused problems with the children and myself. This block lasted 9 days before I was able to use the phone. I left O2 because of this. Children stayed. Now after 7 weeks O2 blocked the account yet again. They claim that I was initially a fraud but quickly found out I'm not. Now my children are the frauds as I left weeks ago, account still blocked. After complaining about this I'm still waiting for a reply from O2 regarding 2 complaints. O2 not taking responsibility for their actions and blame me for their actions. Disgusting. Has anyone else had this experience since people at work told me this is common for O2. If you've experienced this, how did you resolve it since I can't look at my account on the difficult to use app and customer service won't talk to me. Thanks 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@Disgruntled50 

If you have submitted an official complaint, it is unlikely that any O2 team will engage with you until the complaint is investigated and resolved by the complaints' team. It is currently taking O2 up to eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints so you might have some time to wait. 

You also mention fraud and it is not clear from your post whether or not you are the subject of a fraud investigation. It is probably worth mentioning that O2 might be unable to give you any update whilst a fraud investigation is ongoing. They have to comply with both criminal law and Money Laundering Regulations and this could be jeopardised if they update you whilst their case is incomplete. It is also possible that your case has been subsumed into a wider investigation if the same fraudster has other "victims" in addition to you.

I would keep reminding O2 about this, at least so they do not forget about you !

Please keep us informed of developments.

Message 2 of 2