Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Town centre shopping

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Came across this article on the BBC website complete with a wave of nostalgia about going into town on a Saturday: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36148788

So as the internet has changed our shopping habits, car parking charges are ridiculous not to mention local business rates killing off any businesses hope of survival plus the rise of out of town complexes.....what do you miss about town centre shopping and do you still go into town for anything?

For me its the record shops I miss though the only real reason I have to go in is for the bank.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!  I had tickets to see them a few years ago but I was ill and couldn't go.  I'm sad I probably won't see them now.

Message 21 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
There are free places to park in Bolton, the streets just off Bradshawgate (behind the old Merc garage) are free, and from there its a short wander in.

The trouble Bolton has is Bury's Rock development is a lot more compact, and the tram covers a much wider area than the rail network, and to be honest the entire centre could do with a bit of spruce up
Message 22 of 22