Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Gear: The future?

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123404 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Unless you have been in a news free zone for 24 hrs it wont have gone unnoticed that Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended...

Allegedly he punched a producer....

Sundays episode has been shelved along with the remaining two in the Top Gear series..

Clarksons suspension has led to a massive petition for his reinstatement.

Personally, I wonder why so many want him back? Surely this massively popular show can survive without him? (Stands back ready to be panned for that comment Fear)

Maybe this 'hero worship' of Clarkson is a 'man thing'? (apologies if that appears sexist Rolleys)

I don't particularly like him. I think he arrogantly believes he is invincible....Drum

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-31828184

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 248
247 REPLIES 247

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I have it on good authority that the Prophet Muhammad was not offended by Ken Block's antics in Dubai, unlike Col Richard Kemp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hf6ke1-i3E

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 221 of 248

Cleoriff
  • 123404 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

I have it on good authority that the Prophet Muhammad was not offended by Ken Block's antics in Dubai, unlike Col Richard Kemp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hf6ke1-i3E

LOL

Thanks for the working link....I shall go and watch it....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 222 of 248

Cleoriff
  • 123404 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Hells teeth. I had to watch closely I thought it was Need for Speed. Seriously that's some driving. I wonder how many tyres he got through? Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 223 of 248

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Great video and great driving. Blimey....it's a little like sitting in the passenger seat when the wife is driving Confused

Message 224 of 248

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12154 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

Looks like one thing won't change with the new series...

http://www.chelmsfordweeklynews.co.uk/news/national/14341222.Top_Gear_team__not_given_permission_to_...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 225 of 248

Cleoriff
  • 123404 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Looks like one thing won't change with the new series...

http://www.chelmsfordweeklynews.co.uk/news/national/14341222.Top_Gear_team__not_given_permission_to_...

I agree. I followed this 'story' yesterday and it was amazing how it changed during the course of the day as the furore gained momentum. Westminster council and the BBC both changed statements. Fact remains they were given permission ....otherwise why were the police out, in full force, in that area?

I don't think BBC or Top Gear would have any power to randomly direct them to that spot.?

Also I honestly think Chris Evans apology was guarded to say the least. Normally a real motormouth. I thought he was toeing a party line

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 226 of 248

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12154 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions
yeah, i think this was a case of "we did this thing, that was ok'd before but now it is being criticised we'll say sorry" and others are jumping on the bashing bandwagon...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 227 of 248

Cleoriff
  • 123404 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I am all for 'maintaining dignity'....However, not sure our war dead would have been as offended as the professional complainers were?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 228 of 248

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Hop aboard the outrage bus..
Message 229 of 248

Anonymous
Not applicable

So what did people think of the first episode on Sunday?

I must confess that I turned over when they introduced the Stig, as it just seems like they've stayed with a tried and trusted format, rather than come up with something different. And whatever you may think of Clarkson, Hammond, and May, they do have a chemistry between them that really worked in that show. I know it's early days, but I'm not convinced about Chris Evans and Matt Le Blanc to be honest, and I'd be surprised if they enjoy the same success as their predecessors.

Message 230 of 248