cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things I just realised..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was in ASDA today & found out that you don’t need a quid / token to release the trolleys from each other.

How long has that been happening? Can you tell I’m a sad lonely single basket user....

Message 1 of 463
462 REPLIES 462

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 wrote:
I love sardines @Anonymous and they are supposed to be very good for you as well. So, if you like them persevere and, as you say they're cheap. Not much food is these days, particularly if it's beneficial.

I’m not sure it’ll be an everyday purchase but when I’m desperate I’m sure I could reach for a tin..

oh and today I realised that

cauliflower is not a suitable replacement pizza base..

28FFEAEE-0B85-4CE7-A9B4-8107602948B4.jpeg

I think i’ll skip that one a day.. truly vile

Message 41 of 463

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:
I love sardines @Anonymous and they are supposed to be very good for you as well. So, if you like them persevere and, as you say they're cheap. Not much food is these days, particularly if it's beneficial.

I’m not sure it’ll be an everyday purchase but when I’m desperate I’m sure I could reach for a tin..

oh and today I realised that

cauliflower is not a suitable replacement pizza base..

28FFEAEE-0B85-4CE7-A9B4-8107602948B4.jpeg

I think i’ll skip that one a day.. truly vile

Mmmm......not heard of that one @Anonymous but to be honest it sounds truly vile. I like my pizzas with a traditional base. And, funnily enough just bought some pizzas from Waitrose to try. No cauliflower bases, just hand stretched smile

By the way, I do like cauliflower but no where near a pizza!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 42 of 463

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

A bit weird about the caulifflower base. I saw some cookery show where they tried it (don't ask me which show there are far too many on TV for my liking!!)

It was quite funny watching the guests try it. I can't think of one who said 'yum yum I will make this at home'!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 43 of 463

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

A bit weird about the caulifflower base. I saw some cookery show where they tried it (don't ask me which show there are far too many on TV for my liking!!)

It was quite funny watching the guests try it. I can't think of one who said 'yum yum I will make this at home'!!

Really @Cleoriff, you surprise me LOL

I must admit the only 'cookery' show I regularly watch is Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Not really a cookery show per se but they do show some mouth watering mains and desserts. It's more of a spotlight on amazing chefs around the USA and has been filmed in Italy too. I try not to watch it when I'm hungry as it makes me keen to eat what I see on the screen.

For true cookery shows, I like Jamie Oliver, he's always interesting to watch. Again, never watch him when I'm hungry, always after I've eaten laughing

But I agree @Cleoriff there are far too many cookery shows. I imagine they are cheap to produce, unlike good drama which I can never get enough of.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 44 of 463

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

No matter what they claim, some things don't alway 'does what it says on the tin'.....or in this case, the packet!

Not sure how this could even be a pizza with a wet cauliflower soggy bottom Confused

Message 45 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122347 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Also, isnt it awful when you read back and realise you have put a double f in cauliflower and it's far too late to edit tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 46 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes..

yes...

and definitely yes...

Message 47 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

Todays revelation..

Lisa Armstrong (Mrs Ant McPartlin) was one quarter of the band Deuce who had a few hits in the 90s 

See Call It Love HERE for a reminder!

Message 48 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

London Bridge didn’t fall down... it was sold! 

Read HERE

Message 49 of 463

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

We visited Lake Havasu City back in 1995. It was very surreal seeing what was essentially an English town in the desert. Our main idea for the holiday was a roadtrip up the the coast starting in Los Angeles and heading up to  Las Vegas and going back inland through Palm Springs. On the way back we stopped off for a day to see London Bridge and it had a genuine replica of an English pub where we spent a good few hours. We walked across the bridge and back in the blazing heat so our first port of refuge was the pub. I forget the name but it had a street straight out of modern Englnd, complete with post box, telephone box, a bakery and various tourist shops which my wife took the kids round whilst i stayed in the pub. I would recommend that round trip to anyone (we actually did it again 3 years later)

Message 50 of 463