cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things I just realised..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Was in ASDA today & found out that you don’t need a quid / token to release the trolleys from each other.

How long has that been happening? Can you tell I’m a sad lonely single basket user....

Message 1 of 463
462 REPLIES 462

Anonymous
Not applicable
So that’s where the rest of them go!
Message 11 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that could be referred to as 'back in the day' @Anonymous LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that could be referred to as 'back in the day' @Anonymous LOL

Lol.. there’s some dodgy back street cut n shut places round here that probably still use them! 

Message 13 of 463

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 14 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I had a couple of those motors when I was doing MOTs.....

I remember going to an RTA where the car had been split wide open.. scary stuff

Message 15 of 463

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

The problem is that people would see these cars advertised and buy them in all good faith. Sellers insisted on cash and meeting up in a pub so no trail to follow.They usually had a dodgy MOT from stolen certificate books. They weren't pleased when they came in for their first MOT to find the car seized by police and their £3K motor now worth zilch.

Message 16 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

The first car bought by my eldest son was a 'cut and shut' Mini

Sadly, he thought he could do this alone without his dads help and as soon as my other half saw it... he had it up on ramps and he realised straightaway what a mess it was.

Needless to say, it failed it's MOT and that was a lesson learnt the hard way.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Was in ASDA today & found out that you don’t need a quid / token to release the trolleys from each other.

How long has that been happening? Can you tell I’m a sad lonely single basket user....

As @Cleoriff has mentioned, Lidl and Aldi still require a quid / token.

I’ve just started shopping in Aldi again, and that’s one of the first things I noticed. I remembered it as being a positive, because it means that trolleys aren’t left abandoned in parking bays, or on an incline where they can roll into other parked cars. 

It’s easy to see why Aldi is doing so well nowadays, it’s not just that they’re cheaper than the big supermarkets, the tills are better organised as well, and it’s a surprisingly stress-free experience. 

Message 18 of 463

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As @Cleoriff has mentioned, Lidl and Aldi still require a quid / token.

I’ve just started shopping in Aldi again, and that’s one of the first things I noticed. I remembered it as being a positive, because it means that trolleys aren’t left abandoned in parking bays, or on an incline where they can roll into other parked cars. 

It’s easy to see why Aldi is doing so well nowadays, it’s not just that they’re cheaper than the big supermarkets, the tills are better organised as well, and it’s a surprisingly stress-free experience. 

I see trolleys from all the stores round here. I like Aldi because all the stores were set out exactly the same and I could walk straight to what I wanted and make a beeline for the tills. (These new stores with five aisles are set out differently but I’ve yet to visit two different ones so I don’t know if they are laid out the same) 

but the tills are where Aldi falls down.. 4 or 5 checkouts max and not all of them utilised even at peak times. 

Message 19 of 463

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Yes the staff at the tills are what lets Aldi and Lidl down.

Sell cheap and most of the staff are in the warehouse and stocking shelves...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 463