Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The love of the O2 Forum and the family feeling

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I've been on the Forum for many years and I may not post as many as some of you, But I've learnt a huge amount and had support from all of you when needed.

its strange as I have huge passion for this forum and even though I reads lots of others, this one always seems like a family in helping and supporting people.

We have great buzz and family feeling on the O2 Forum and this comers over in so many ways. Even when our family members just need a hug or to know we're thinking of them.

People come and go and come back lol, but the sense of pride and achievement in when you help / pass you knowledge on to help others gives you a buzz and pride in what you do.

If any one would ask me, should I join the Forum, what do you get out of it. To me the answer is yes.  If you have passion and wanting to help people. Also if you just want a question answering, again yes.

What I get out of it is what I put into it.  Seeing people happy or trying to help.

i was taught a value by my parents as a child that which stuck with me.  If I can't do some one a good turn, don't do them a bad one.

there are no right or wrong questions, but you will nearly always or always get a answer.

This is to everyone one on the Forum even o2 team that run it.  keep up the good work 👍 and well done to everyone.

Let us us know why you love the Forum.  😃

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

For me it was the help I was given from the time I made my first tentative post on the forum. I had been dragged kicking and screaming into the smartphone world. My lads thought it was time to 'get with it'. When I posted I discovered that no one thought I was an old fool. (if they did they hid it well) tongue

From then on in I made friends. Any technical question I asked was answered. I discovered quite a few liked banter  and I just sort of clicked. I will never be  tech whiz but I can answer a fair amount of questions now. Even helping my lads with their phone problems... wahey Happy Dance

So yes. I thought I would post once and disappear. I learned a lot and still am learning....so I stayed around...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 26

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

You joined the community around the same time as myself @darrengf. So many things have happened in my life over the 'forum' years but this community has remained a constant.

I've left and come back many times, been suspended but came back, got married again but came back, had personal tragedy in my life but came back and of course my latest circumstances from which I had no intention of coming back here or anywhere.

I joined in the first place when I was off work sick and had a problem with an old phone. My post was answered by @adamtemp64 and as I once worked for O2 I decided to stick around and try and help others. I had a fair amount of knowledge about O2's systems and procedures. 

I have made many friends on here and like to think I get on with everyone new and old. There have been odd exceptions of course when things get personal but overall I try to rise above it. 

I like the camaraderie where everyone backs each other up in such circumstances. I think this community is unique in that aspect and long may it remain so! 

Great idea for a thread Darren slight_smile

Message 3 of 26

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Like @Cleoriff I started with what I thought might be a silly question No one thought me silly and answered my question straight away. And it's been the same every time I've had a question or problem someone was there to help and talk me through the solution.

Apart from the help I've received I've not laughed so much in ages. @Cleoriff and @MI5 having a 'discussion' has me crying with laughter as does @jonsie who has maintained his sense of humour in spite of everything.

I've made some good friends including @Cleoriff and @Anonymous who talked me through uploading pictures to the forum. It took some time but I got there in the end 😊

I've even been able to help in spite of my lack of tech knowledge.

The best thing I did was join the o2 forum and I intend to stay. I've learned a lot since joining a few short months ago and have no doubt I will learn much more. I believe you are never too old to learn something new. And, of course, where I can help I will be pleased to do so.

I agree @darrengf we are a family and long may we continue.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great words from you all above  ^  ^  ^

I joined the O2 forum when browsing & it was @adamtemp64 who clearly answered my question(s) after a bit of teasing by some of the regulars LOL

Despite having no knowledge to impart to others, I do ask tech questions & hope the answers are as useful to others as the info is to me

I now use a smartphone with reasonable confidence & it has become a necessity in my life

I get a lot of friendly support in general from my friends on the forum, they know who they are, & how much appreciated it is Thanks! xx

Message 5 of 26

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

I think this is great to see that we all share and have similar views. 

The banter is great and just makes me chuckle and it's great how people roll of each other.

ive learnt lots and love to research new things or ask for when I'm not sure.

you never know, one day o2 may pay for us all to meet in a nice swanky place and even fly @jonsie @Cleoriff back and who else is over seas.

hint hint @Martin-O2 @Toby @Marjo

lol

Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 6 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I will say you do need a sense of humour to fully appreciate all aspects of the forum. If you take offence easily then dont bother. Rarely is any banter meant to be taken seriously. It is what it is. I have often set myself to be ridiculed by the regulars. I don't care. It lightens the mood and often makes people laugh. We all do the same.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122959 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@darrengfI have no idea where you think I live? I know I have an apartment in Spain and spend a lot of time there...Bouncy....but my home is in Warwickshire. Hence my constant daily moan about this damn rain Banana

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 26

jonsie
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

If this get together happens in the next few months there will be no need to fly me to the UK 🇬🇧 😉

Message 9 of 26

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Cleoriff. I was trying to get o2 to give you a free flight home first class. 😜 🤐 you may even get your own jet lol.Dance

Or why not fly us all out to you?  Mmmmm. We can all try the free roaming lol 😜

tongue

@jonsie mmm. Right then o2. Over to you lol.

Message 10 of 26