Well done @Sy 

I got one question correct - the St Andrews one

Thank you @Mi-Amigo for compiling The Thursday Quiz

*possum si vollo* *per ardua ad astra*

I don't work for O2
Xperia L1 - The Android Army Marches Onwards
Acer Aspire 5750 laptop
Unlimited Sky Broadband
MI6 - Commander Jane TOP SECRET - Status 00 Licensed To Type - HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE + pic of a very young Lois Maxwell (have mug to prove it) - Promotion tbc to Data Entry
Former Staff

Re: The White Room Thursday Quiz - 14 November 2019

Well I did have one correct in the end nerd

Awesome work @Sy, those weren't that easy and you did great for your first Thursday Quiz! Mexican Wave

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? Smiley Happy
signature

Level 8: Talented

Wow.. I was only sure of 3, but actually knew 5
iPhone 6S Plus
EE 20gb sim only
Apple Watch Series 5
Topics: 128

Thanks for your feedback, guys.

@WispaRed7 - well done on getting the Scottish university one right thumbsup

@EmilieT - I guess it was the French cooking one which you knew. How did you do with the others?

@OldFart - thank you for playing along in this your first quiz. 5 correct is brilliant. Which one, may I ask [just curious] did you have trouble with?

and, of course, again congratulations to @Sy on getting five questions correct in your first go at being the contestant.

I hope all of you will join in with the next White Room Thursday Quiz when the six questions will be chosen over the coming weekend from these categories -

Events; Geography; Space; Sport; Literature; TV Sit-coms.

If any member - whether a new member or one who has not put their name forward previously, would like to join @Cleoriff ; @pgn ; @gmarkj@jezza1234 ; @AnnieM ; and @Sy who have been a contestant,

as a contestant, please pm me [Mi-Amigo] your name and I will add it to the list for the draw, which will be made by @EmilieT at the beginning of next week.

Even if you are not chosen, or prefer not to be a contestant, you can still join in and play along.

Thank you everyone for playing and your support for the quiz. I hope you all continue to enjoy them. 

animated-elephant-image-0278
Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Level 8: Talented

Never heard of Dendrology @Mi-Amigo
iPhone 6S Plus
EE 20gb sim only
Apple Watch Series 5
Topics: 693

Well done @Sy . A great effort. Cheers

Funnily enough Dendrology threw me a curve ball at first! In anatomy and physiology, dendrites are nerve (neural cell pathways) and I thought 'Hells teeth, that's damn hard'...Then I remembered that they are called dendrites as they look like trees

dendrites.PNG

So I'm pleased that it was far simpler than I first imagined. LOL

*The Game Is On*

Thanks for the info @Cleoriff .

I know sometimes my questions are brain-teasers but don`t think I`d go that far - well, not in a "word" question LOL Well done for getting it right...

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"...
Robert Kennedy.

Topics: 101
Ideas: 2

[ Edited ]

The Ultravox one would have thrown me.

Pot au feu, though, is definitely not to be confounded with Coq au vin. Or Chicken Chasseur or Chicken Cacciatore (Italian), "Hunter's chicken (stew)".

Dendrology is a good one, watch out for a dendrograph - either a device for measuring changes in the dimensions of a tree trunk, OR a branching chart used in cladistics to show how far apart characteristics or species are from 40-Figure11-1.pngeach other...

We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty. Douglas Adams.

[ Edited ]

Thanks @pgn for the info on dendrograph. Although I love words, I didn`t know about it being used as a term in charts...

Every day is a schoolday... D'oh!

Robert Kennedy.

Level 42: Skillful

I would have got St Andrews and two wings but that would be it for me!
Now using the LG V30.

Previously: LG G4, Sony Z1, HTC Sensation XE, Samsung Omnia i900
Try the Tech Galaxy Note 4
Try the Tech Lumia 640LTE and Microsoft Band