iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 4 of 11,733
11,732 REPLIES 11,732

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12122 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

Sorry to hear the break got cut short @Cleoriff . I'm hoping that the owners/organisers will sort you out now you are back home.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 11691 of 11,733

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123193 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Thanks @gmarkj 

I doubt anything will be done as the owners son was 'trying to get a plumber out'.

My husbands concern was whether a plumber would come immediately (late Friday afternoon) and be prepared to lie under this caravan which was a foot deep in water, whilst he struggled to get the water pipe back on. This was 2.30pm . If he hadnt got stuff he needed then how long were we meant to wait until we had water and heating?

I suppose this is the risk you take when you go to a friend of a friends caravan on a small site without their own maintenance team.

We did hear that the owner hadn't paid for a drain to be put in under caravan, hence the flood!

It's as if this break was never meant to be!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11692 of 11,733

Cleoriff
  • 123193 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Now I am really bloody annoyed!

Just spoken  to my friend re the caravan. The plumber came out and fixed it by 5.30pm!!

So we needn't have come home at all! Hells Teeth!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11693 of 11,733

gmarkj
  • 12122 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

Sod's law that one @Cleoriff , as you can bet your house that had you stayed he wouldn't have been yet!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 11694 of 11,733

Cleoriff
  • 123193 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Well she's offered me a free weekend @gmarkj so we'll see. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11695 of 11,733

gmarkj
  • 12122 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1126 Solutions

Finger's crossed this one goes slightly smoother then @Cleoriff !

We had a result last year. We privately rented a caravan in St Leonards, which was lovely until the neighbour turned up.

It seemed like there was 7 of them in a standard car, with a dog. Which they then left alone almost the entire weekend (poor thing).

My wife was in touch with the person we rented from, who happened to own the neighour's 'van too!

He asked if we could take a look once they had left (they went Sunday night, we had Monday morning too) as they were unresponsive.

It was not pretty...

The dog had broken some newly installed blinds, there were unwashed plates in the sink - some of which still had most of a meal on - and the whole place stunk of cigarettes.

For the "inconvenience" of checking it out he offered us another weekend (which we were looking to book anyway) for a nicely discounted sum!

Message 11696 of 11,733

Cleoriff
  • 123193 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Great result there @gmarkj 😊

The caravan we were in was very well stocked with cleaning equipment. A nice touch I think, if you are to leave the caravan as you found it.

Mind you, as we were only there for 24 hrs there was nothing to clean!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11697 of 11,733

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

I hope that the two of you @Cleoriff and @gmarkj have success and enjoyment next time you stay in these respective caravans ; your accounts of recent goings-on make me want to stay at home. 👍 

Message 11698 of 11,733

RunrigForever
Level 19: Quirky
  • 2260 Posts
  • 34 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well ..... folks, I'm turning in for the day ..... these days I seem to be up rather late and rather early to retire for the day ..... it takes me a while to settle into slumber quietly away so-to-speak.

Here's wishing All on the Community a peaceful night's rest when appropriate ... and ... hope your plans for Easter come to fruition nicely xx slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 11699 of 11,733

Oxonian
  • 6088 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

Thank you @RunrigForever, enjoy your Easter break wherever you are spending it. 👍 

Message 11700 of 11,733