The Virtual Lounge

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7515 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Anyone here ? relieved

[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 4 of 11,761
11,760 REPLIES 11,760

Anonymous
Not applicable

That should be great @Cleoriff with Diversity opening up the show

Pleased Diversity have done so well.

Message 7931 of 11,761

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

@pgn 

Best of luck with all that tonight. Our first meal out as a group of 6 friends happened in July. It made me laugh really. Beautiful food as ever, although we were placed on a table for 10 so a lot of shouting went one between us. Particularly as 2 of us have hearing problems.

The table itself was surrounded by perspex and the waiter stood back in a socially distance way, whilst we shouted our orders to him. rofl

When the food was delivered, it came on two trays and was left on a side table for us to pick up and distribute to each other. I was giggling as the plates had been handled twice.

We decided against bottles of wine as that would involve a lot of handling. Just ordered individual drinks via the waiter. These were delivered to the same small table and the one nearest the drinks table handed them out. A comical attempt to adhere to Covid19 regulations. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7932 of 11,761

Anonymous
Not applicable

You've made me laugh @Cleoriff reading your post above  ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

I havn't been out for a meal, but do go to my local for a drink on an afternoon ... they have done as much as they can to adjust to somewhat easing of lockdown measures ... but yes, glasses of drink do get handled ... at the beginning the waiting on staff put the tray of drinks down on your table explaining that they aren't allowed to touch them ... but bar staff must have touched the glass to fill it with drink ... many hand sanitizating stations ... temperature taken on entering ... name and contact phone number taken ... perspex screens ... staff wearing masks or visors ... table service ... music on low (I like this) etc

Happy weekend all smiling

Message 7933 of 11,761

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

I'm just watching the Tour de France cycle race. I was amazed to see the crowds jammed together along the streets. Apparently the organisers have allowed 3000 spectators along the route to 'cheer them on'

WHAT?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7934 of 11,761

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25224 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks guys for your messages of support.

Much appreciated.

Good news. I had my chip supper last night. Curry`s texted and e-mailed just after 10pm to say delivery of new freezer would be between 7am and 10am today. So up early. Had phone call from delivery driver to say they`d be here with freezer at 9am. Carer came early for breakfast call at 7.45am so all done and eaten before driver arrived. True to their word arrived at 9am. Took old freezer away, installed new one - all adhering to social distancing - and gave me instructions on running it before putting food in.

Well happy.

Looking forward to BGT tonight. Thanks for info on Diversity opening the show, which will be - as any performance from them is - amazing. 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 7935 of 11,761

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36456 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

Has it got one of these, @Mi-Amigo ? yahoo

tenor (6).gif

Message 7936 of 11,761

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25224 Posts
  • 818 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Has it got one of these, @Mi-Amigo ? yahoo

tenor (6).gif

Not a good idea @pgn 

You lot know what I`m like when I`m sober... imagine what the Community would be like if I came on here having consumed the contents of that freezer joy

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 7937 of 11,761

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

Great news @Mi-Amigo 

Pleased it's been sorted.

PS I'm not sure that Diversity will actually open BGT. Ashley said they had been working on a performance which they would do tonight. I'm looking forward to that, whenever they do it.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7938 of 11,761

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7475 Solutions

I woke up to sun shining 30 minutes later and it's gone!

Not going anywhere as it's F1 at Monza so that's my day planned. The grandson wont be joining me as he is in Cromer at his Nan's caravan.

He's a bit annoyed though. They have Sky in the caravan and when they arrived on Thursday, found the Sky dish missing. Not stolen, it was in the park office. Apparently a large van, fixing windows in the caravan next door, knocked it off the mounting. They attempted to fix it but it's broken.

So, Ben is haviing to watch F1 on his phone.

In Cromer the signal is notoriously bad. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7939 of 11,761

Anonymous
Not applicable

Plan is to finish what I started yesterday ie making the kitchen presentable for the plumber who hopefully will come next week to fit a new gizmo box for the central heating

To shout the cat in after 9am ... feed him and me ... my hands and feet are frozzen so may go back to bed cuddling Marty ... lunch, then get on with jobs ... @Cleoriff I seem to have my siesta in a morning when it is properly siesta time after lunch? ... Oh, and to look up Pension Credit to see if I am eligible and then I can get some monetary help with much needed dental treatment

Off to shout Marty in and enjoy a cuppa tea now

Have a great day all xx smiling

Message 7940 of 11,761