The Virtual Lounge

blissgirl
Level 35: Originator
  • 8569 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Anyone here ? relieved

[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 4 of 12,007
12,006 REPLIES 12,006

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some good bits & not-so-good bits about today

Went to see my mum but:

(1) She 'pounced' on me as soon as I walked into her house demanding to know the names of the young carers I passed on my way in ... = ... I didn't know, this lasted for a few times, mum repeating herself

(2) Mum couldn't hear me at all, despite me speaking slowly & clearly - I refused to shout

(3) She told me her hearing aid was not right + both her ears needed shringing, with a gleeful smile on her face

I was really looking forward to being with mum, but the central heating was blazing and the day hot & humid ... I left graciously, downcrest & disappointed

I had my nails painted dark pearlised red to go with a red spotted dress for the weekend's special school reunion ... = ... Class of '65 will be 65 Castleford Grammar School, West Yorkshire ... I'm nervous but interested in the tour of the school & chatting with old schoolfriends

I have managed to book a doctor's appointment at a day & time suitable to me to investigate what painkillers for my arthritis other than co-codamol which is already prescribed for my migraines, it does seem to work most times to dull the pain

Saw a good friend who hasn't been too good of late in the pub, we had a lovely chat & laughs

I have managed to plan one special thing each month up to September ... can't overdo things these days 

I wish my mum were not so demanding, I know she is getting older, but it is a strain, when I just wish us to have happy times together

Thank you for letting me share these good & not-so-good things

Image result for images of mum and daughter

Message 4601 of 12,007

Anonymous
Not applicable

Image result for images for goodnight black cats

Goodnight, Sleep Well, Sweet Dreams all of the community xx

Message 4602 of 12,007

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Good mornning @Anonymous - sorry to hear your visit with your mum was having some troubles during your last visit, but she's in good hands from what you had told us before at least slight_smile I hope your school reunion and all the other things you've planned up to September go well, it sounds like you're ready rose 

Have a cuppa and some little treats sunflower

Breakfast

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4603 of 12,007

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @EmilieT for your kind words sunflower

Message 4604 of 12,007

Anonymous
Not applicable

Time for me to wish all of the community

Goodnight, Sleep Well, Sweet Dreams

Related image

Message 4605 of 12,007

Cleoriff
  • 125859 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Goodnight Jane.

I thought you would be watching the brilliant new series of Supervet on Channel 4?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4606 of 12,007

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93957 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 125859 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

It appears summer has left the building!!! Dull dark and raining this morning....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4608 of 12,007

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38345 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1730 Solutions
Was like that here yesterday. In fact, our summer was last Sunday, it has been overcast and actually quite torrential at times since the blaze that was Sunday afternoon. Today looks to be more of the same. I think Sunday's acquired "tan", which has gone I nice walnut colour, is actually turning to rust due to the interminable R A I N . . .

☁️🌧🌦🌥️🌤☁️
Message 4609 of 12,007

Cleoriff
  • 125859 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

We had torrential rain a week ago. In fact the weather stated as much rain that day and night as would normally fall in a month. Then it cleared up at the weekend (for all the sport!) and now it's gone.

Still, my garden looks lovely innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4610 of 12,007