Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Best New Apps?

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

I've been looking at the list of some of the 'best new apps' and I think there's some really good ones for all platforms.  I haven't got any of these apps yet.

iOS

• Chrome Remote Desktop - allows you to link up with your pc or mac (as long as it has the app installed aswell).  I still haven't decided which web browser to use, but if I decide on Google Chrome then I will be downloading this app.
  • Je Suis Charlie - this app allows people to support the people who died in the tragedy and pin point their location on a map.  This app was 'fast tracked' through the usual Apple development approval process due to the developers contacting Tim Cook personally.  I think it is a lovely idea for an app, but I personally wouldn't use it as I don't like tagging myself at locations.
  • Evernote Scannable - an addition to the Evernote app - allows you to scan documents to upload onto your Evernote account.  I personally wouldn't use this app as there are other ways around getting your document on to your Evernote account.

Android

• Google Translate - allows you to use translation services via the camera on your phone.  I think this is an impressive app and would be useful to a lot of people.
  • Under Armour Record - a fitness app.  I personally wouldn't rush to get this app as I think there are already numerous apps like this.
  • Pizza Navigator - there are also quite a few similar apps to this, such as Hungry House, (which is free to download).  I personally wouldn't pay 69p for this app when there are other apps that can do the same thing as this, as well as using a web browser.

Windows

• Phone Insider - developed by Microsoft (you must register for this service) - allows users to view and test software before it is released.  I personally wouldn't use it but it would be great for more technological people or potential developers.
  • Money Tracker - a way to manage money - it is meant to be suitable for professional people and laypeople to understand.  The free version is a limited version of the app and you will get more features if you pay.
  • Inbox For Gmail (unofficial Google service) - it does what it says in the title - it provides access to your Gmail account.

Source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/feature/a621954/best-new-apps-for-tablets--smartphones-je-suis-char...

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

What is the app like @BrendonM - is it to teach written or spoken Japanese?

Message 21 of 33

BrendonM
  • 3605 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's mostly about learning written Japanese. But it does have some spoken. Not loads though. Just your basic stuff.

Message 22 of 33

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Sounds interesting @BrendonM - is there a particular reason why you want to learn Japanese?

Message 23 of 33

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I've started playing Marvel: Conquest of Champions on iOS.

Great new game slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 24 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks good and even better free @Toby

How's the game play / story line etc.

Some reviews say an update wasn't good for the game.
Message 25 of 33

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Ah, I'm not sure about that BoB as I've not updated it. Very fun so far though slight_smile

What other new apps have you all got your eyes on?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 26 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable
My widgets for iOS looks useful and is free.

Boom Beach for iOS looks good too.
Message 27 of 33

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

A new iOS app called GradeBack has been released and it looks pretty good.  It allows students to grade their teachers.  The app allows people to mark their teachers based on their strictness, workload and attitudes. 

The results are anonymous so the pupils won't be penalised for the marks that they give.

I wish something like this was introduced when I was at school! tongue

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gradeback/id938067560?ls=1&mt=8

Message 28 of 33

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've started using Zipcar ...although is not new . I'm pretty happy with the service slight_smile

Message 29 of 33

gemz4the1
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

What is Zipcar @Anonymous ?

Message 30 of 33