Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network coverage map is a scam

Matt400
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Took out a contract with O2 based on the network coverage map, I haven't had any signal since the day I have taken out the contact and even put the house the signal is flakey at best.

So my question is why not have a network coverage map that customers can update to allow other potential customers make an informed decision, I know 99% UK coverage looks good on paper but I can't be the only person living in the 1%, now I know the map is only a guide but if it is only a guide how can 02 brag about 99% coverage this is misleading and false, now I am committed to a contract which is useless and I am unable to use. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11392 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3154 Solutions

@Matt400 

The coverage maps across all networks are all computer generated and based on perfect conditions, and doesn't take into consideration the laws of physics and what buildings are made of, or what will impede the radio waves..

We all say on here that before jumping into a contract you test drive all the networks with some free PAYG sims and see which is best where you need to use it, and the best analogy is you wouldnt buy a car with out test driving the car first.. 

Your only option is to pay off the contract and move elsewhere as the terms and conditions (again across all networks) state that coverage is not guaranteed in any locations

And it does state this at the bottom..Screenshot 2024-09-03 at 15.23.17.png

If you want to use user based coverage maps, then use OpenSignal, CellMapper or others

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 3

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7805 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Signal maps only give an idea of signal strength, they don't deal with signal quality, bandwidth etc 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 3