Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technology to make traveling easier

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

This would help getting through airport security a lot!

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/14/analogic-is-using-medical-imaging-tech-to-speed-up-airport-security....

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

Nah, went it breaks down then its back to the manual method of dragging everything out of the case putting it on the grey trays then watch as someone decides to pick up your stuff whilst you're being held back because they've decided to stop and do a detector test on you.

Being less cynical, you'll still see the same amount of security personnel involved as the airports will find it cheaper to employ people than spend money on a machine. On the other hand, the quicker they get you through security, it means even more opportunities to try and get you to buy from the overpriced shops on the other side!

Sheepdog in "Why would I really want to buy a suitcase before I get on a plane?" mode

@sheepdog

Or they'll go the other way and link it up it to Google's Deepmind AI and have you stand on a trapdoor, if it sees anything it doesn't like the trapdoor will open and you'll plunge down some sort of tube and into a chair where you'll be questioned by a person or robot.

Message 11 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@sheepdog wrote:

Nah, went it breaks down then its back to the manual method of dragging everything out of the case putting it on the grey trays then watch as someone decides to pick up your stuff whilst you're being held back because they've decided to stop and do a detector test on you.

Being less cynical, you'll still see the same amount of security personnel involved as the airports will find it cheaper to employ people than spend money on a machine. On the other hand, the quicker they get you through security, it means even more opportunities to try and get you to buy from the overpriced shops on the other side!

Sheepdog in "Why would I really want to buy a suitcase before I get on a plane?" mode

@sheepdog

Or they'll go the other way and link it up it to Google's Deepmind AI and have you stand on a trapdoor, if it sees anything it doesn't like the trapdoor will open and you'll plunge down some sort of tube and into a chair where you'll be questioned by a person or robot.

That reminds me why I got divorced

Message 12 of 12