cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech News : Apple wants to enable iPhone 6’s NFC for more uses.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Headline : Apple wants to enable iPhone 6’s NFC for building security, public transit tickets and more

Excerpts from the Link "According to the article, Apple engineers met with representatives for technology providers like HID Global and Cubic to discuss expanding NFC in the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus to new uses such as replacing a public transit card or a secure building access keycard."

My thoughts :

This is the kind of news end users wanted to hear as Apple make some positive noises on expanding how this chip is utilised. Hopefully this comes about quickly and comes to the Uk too.

Source : iDownloadblog.
Read more here : http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/10/27/iphone-6-nfc-new-uses/
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

ummm...dare I say that this is technology that should have been ready to go when it was released?

After all, Android and Blackberry have had NFC which can be used for more than payments for years. I had NFC on my old BB 9900 which is now 4 years old.

Apple playing catch up again? Although I have no doubt that they'll utilise it/collaborate with 3rd party providers better!

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree papadug and I'm sure they had their reasons.

We all know when Apple do start the ball rolling On something the take up by other companies is fast.
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

I think this was an afterthought with no real plan in place, we have to have it because everyone else does. Apple pay has proved a lemon and I see this going the same way.

Message 5 of 5