Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

THURSDAY QUIZ 6 June 2019

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the THURSDAY QUIZ for 6 June 2019.

This week`s subject is BRITISH HISTORY.

Your quest is to find:

the names of the English Monarchs from 827AD to 1154AD.

[to make it more of a challenge, I am not revealing how many names there were, but will say there are enough for all players to give two answers]

THE RULES: please note, there are a few changes to previous rules for the Thursday Quiz:

The Thursday Quiz is open to all members of the Community.

So whether you have joined in on previous Thursday Quiz, or you are a new member, or have never played before, you are all welcome to take part.

Each player will be allowed to submit two answers.

But, a player cannot post their second answer until after at least one other player has given an answer.

Players cannot give an answer already been given, and "I agree with ...." will no longer be allowed.

Players can give additional info [to earn credit if correct] but only to their own post, not other players`.

No googling, wiki, website, youtube, or similar search for the answers.

Each correct answer will be awarded trophy; additional info with be awarded credit; and each incorrect answer will get the * klaxon *.

The funniest comment or answer will get the special joy award.

The THURSDAY QUIZ opens at 9pm tonight [Wednesday 5 June], when the first answer can be given, and will stay open until 12 noon on Friday 7 June 2019.

Correct answers, additional info, and * klaxons* will be added up for each player; and the results and the winner[s] announced after 1pm on Friday; along with the winner of the special joy award.

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 84
83 REPLIES 83

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Seriously though, I'll give France a go. I've been there twice and driven through it three times on my way to Spain. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 71 of 84

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff , and it looks like @Glory1 will be playing. I hope all the other regulars, as well as new players, will join in, and it should test everyone`s knowledge but still be a lot of fun.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 72 of 84

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 73 of 84

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Thanks @Cleoriff , and it looks like @Glory1 will be playing. I hope all the other regulars, as well as new players, will join in, and it should test everyone`s knowledge but still be a lot of fun.

Nope....... my religion forbids it!

Message 74 of 84

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Let's have a quiz on Pattaya bar ladies.... I know them all personally Crazy LOL

This appears to be true. I have checked your friends list on FB. roflMexican Wave

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 75 of 84

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 76 of 84

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
I was going to participate next week, but as it's about France I decided not to and will therefore be on strike.
Message 77 of 84

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@viridis wrote:
I was going to participate next week, but as it's about France I decided not to and will therefore be on strike.

LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 78 of 84

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

1. @viridis wrote:
    HorrifiedLOL
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 79 of 84

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Let's have a quiz on Pattaya bar ladies.... I know them all personally Crazy LOL

joyrofl I don't doubt that for one minute, I've heard the rumours.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 80 of 84