cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Summer Solstice - 1st Day of Summer :)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hooray! ... the sky is pale blue all over ... the sun is rising over the hills ... it feels fresh outside ... It's the 1st day of Summer 2018 ... Yay! ... no particular plans for today, but may have a 99 ice cream cornet & eat it sitting on one of the seats along the canal towpath ... then, should have a walk up the park as it promises to be such a lovely day = here's hoping ... no, I've not looked at the weather forecast on my phone ... the birds are now a-twittering bird

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Otherwise known as 'The longest day'.

1000's of people are expected to flock to Stonehenge to see the sunrise  Summer Solstice

I don't know about anyone else but I don't think the nights are as light as they used to be years ago?

I can remember not needing to put my lights on or draw the curtains till nearly 10pm....now it's nearer 21.30?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Funnily enough we were in Morecambe a few weeks ago and thought that it got dark really late - sat around the table in the caravan with no lights until about 10pm.
Was definitely dark last night at 9.30 as had to keep getting the security light to come on to see what I was doing!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 5

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes @Cleoriff and @gmarkj I had my light on just after 9pm last night. I thought the days started to get shorter after the longest day not before. Very strange.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 4 of 5

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I read too quickly @Anonymous and thought you said you were planning to have 99 ice creams! grin 

Happy start of summer everyone! sun sunflower  My favourite time of the year! Bouncy Cheers

Oh yes I'm not sure about the exact time of spring/summer when it happens, but in Northern Finland we have some days when the sun does not go down at all. tongue

Message 5 of 5