Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2018

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123164 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

It's that time of year again folks.

From Monday August 13th they will start revealing the candidates for this years show. I understand the first one will be on that nights episode of the One Show.

Many names being bandied about and people are even putting bets on them? (A bit stupid when there's been nothing official yet)

Anyway names in the mix so far

Cheryl Cole (can't see that happening)

Ashley Roberts  (former Pussycat Doll)

Lee Ryan (from Blue)

Faye Tozer (from Steps)

Les Dennis

Tom Daley

Steph Mc Govern BBC Newscaster.

Dan Walker (Sports Presenter)

Colleen Rooney (can't see that as they have just upped sticks and moved to the US for Waynes football career)

Michelle Keegan (Corrie and Our Girl)

Mark Labbett (The Beast) from The Chase.

Kate Silverstone (BBC Newsreader)

That's all I've got so far and probably half of them are wrong but hey...joy

What is certain , the judging panel and the presenters remain the same.

Also the guy who will replace the lovely Brendon Cole is Neil Jones. He has been on the show as a back up dancer and is married to last years winning professional Katya Jones

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 576
575 REPLIES 575

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 31 of 576

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
I like Danny John Jules. He's not bad dancing to Reggae but how he'll be on SCD is another matter. As for Faye Dozer, I know of Steps but have never seen them perform and wouldn't know one from the other.

Just for you @Glory1

Message 32 of 576

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thank you @jonsie. They're okay but I doubt I'd ever be a fan, to be honest. There a little bit too cheesey for my taste. Apologies if you're a fan 😔

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 33 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 123164 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Contestant number 4 is Joe Suggs.

If like me, you've never heard of him, apparently he is an 'internet sensation'

He is a Vlogger. (Hope you get this...)

So this is the blurb that came with the announcement on Radio 1 this morning

If you love social media, you’ve probably heard of Joe Sugg. In fact, you probably follow him on every social network, watch all of his YouTube videos – oh, and you *might* have heard of his internet-famous sister Zoella too…(Errmmm no but I expect he is well known to the youngsters) yahoo

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 576

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Thanks for the update @Cleoriff. I read his name on the news and thought, who? I get he's a social media sensation but since I'm not really into social media, his name means nothing to me. I imagine, however, there are plenty of SCD viewers to whom he is a 'celebrity' 🙄
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 35 of 576

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:
Thank you @jonsie. They're okay but I doubt I'd ever be a fan, to be honest. There a little bit too cheesey for my taste. Apologies if you're a fan 😔

Never a fan of them or their music but I quite fancied Fay in my (and her) younger days.....

Message 36 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 123164 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

The consensus seems to be that he has millions of young followers so hopefully they will watch the show to see him @Glory1 

Worth a try I suppose....wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 576

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:
I like Danny John Jules. He's not bad dancing to Reggae but how he'll be on SCD is another matter. As for Faye Dozer, I know of Steps but have never seen them perform and wouldn't know one from the other.

Just for you @Glory1

"Tragedy...its the way we sing these cheesy songs its tragedy..."

Message 38 of 576

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Contestant number 4 is Joe Suggs.

If like me, you've never heard of him, apparently he is an 'internet sensation'

He is a Vlogger. (Hope you get this...)

So this is the blurb that came with the announcement on Radio 1 this morning

If you love social media, you’ve probably heard of Joe Sugg. In fact, you probably follow him on every social network, watch all of his YouTube videos – oh, and you *might* have heard of his internet-famous sister Zoella too…(Errmmm no but I expect he is well known to the youngsters) yahoo

hmmm let me re-write that press release....

If you love social media, stop right now, put that phone down and find something more interesting and productive to do in your community.

Out of interest because I really didn't know who he is, I watched one of his youtube videos. Suffice to say the BBC have really dragged the bottom of the definition of celebrity with this one. For all intents and purposes, he's the equivalent of Honey G being put through for the ratings. No prizes that the public vote is going to save him for several weeks. I'll say it now, he's going to be another Christopher Parker.

Good choices so far with DJJ, FT and Katie Piper though. 

Message 39 of 576

Cleoriff
  • 123164 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Contestant 5 is Vick Hope 

"The radio DJ already has many strings to her bow, with a Cambridge degree under her belt, presenting gigs for 4Music, MTV, ITN, Channel 4 and The Disney Channel on her dazzling CV, plus a co-hosting role on Capital FM’s breakfast show alongside Roman Kemp".

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 576