Did you mean: 

Strictly Come Dancing 2017

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

It's that time of year again....Some love it and others hate it.... Dance

However, BBC have announced the first 'celebrity' to join the line up for Strictly Come Dancing 2017.

It's Mollie King from the girl band The Saturdays (Frankie Bridge from the same group appeared in 2014)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/strictlycomedancing/entries/6525d4c5-3e53-4546-b336-45ebae3cf879?ns_mchan...

Mollie King....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 738
737 REPLIES 737

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Rather surprised on how good the routines were tonight after Blackpool. Not at all underwhelming or flat. Well apart from Susan who was better than last week but showed no improvement since that Quickstep weeks ago. Set upon a cruise ship? More like a public park.  

@Glory1 I thought the judges were quite light on Alexandra and she was expecting far worse comments as it wasn't her best dance. Not that I blame her, I really don't like the roomba tongue_winking and Halo was butchered by the singers. Though should she find herself in the dance-off tonight against Mollie I'd wouldn't rate her chances (read later, no chance of that). Gemma is saved if she gets Susan but gone otherwise if the un-techniqueable one is saved by the stupid public. Judges were harsh on Gemma but had to be. 

Hello Mollie! Quite a turn around in confidence and it showed right from the show entrance. Not sure what the judges saw about tiredness but they are closer without the dodgy camera work we get to see. Debbie - excellent return to form though she did hint injury and age is now playing a factor. 

Now we are seeing a fight between Joe & Davood and possibly we may see both in the final 3 given their consistency lately. Hmm,  Nadiya was extremely stunning tonight Fantastic

Was rather impressed with Shirley tonight and her comments. Very good technical explanations about where they needed to improve or why they were bad. Tess's pink batgirl outfit was nice though and she played Claudia's sidekick to perfection tonight. Though someone should send Claudia an image consultant as a Christmas present. 

So spreadsheet maths is showing if Susan gets the 3rd most popular public vote she is safe. At this stage of the competition that is highly unlikely. Alexandra has to get 1 point from the public vote so won't be in the dance off due to the higher points score from the previous two rounds and really was down to that Paso win making her 3rd equal hence removing her from being in the dance-off. Had she scored 6 points then it would be the dance-off. Though purely speculative, it is possible in one scenario that the bottom 4 all score the same but it will be Gemma and Susan in the dance-off. 

The other highly improbable scenario is Davood v Mollie and that means both were at the bottom of the public vote as both Gemma and Susan would need to be 1 & 2 on the public voting. Actually most of my spreadsheet involves Mollie getting low public votes in most scenarios!

Message 541 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

I thought Susan was pathetic in both dances. Same types of steps whatever she is given and without Kevin there she would never have got down from that damn bench!

As for her Paso Doble?? Lots of skirt swirling and then doing a drum beat on Kevins chest! What the hell was all that about??. alien

Gemma and Aljaz...I just couldn't 'get' the Samba starting in the bed...upside_down (yes I understand the concept..ie lets get up and party)...but with 90 seconds, there was not enough time to get into party mode.

Alex and Gorka, I honestly think she was overmarked as the judges always expect better from her...She didn't show a lot of passion

I don't like Debbie much...however that AT was superb. Good music for it as well

I have commented enough about the others...though in response to your observations about the dress Tess wore @sheepdog...sorry I thought it was awful. I mixture of batman and wonderwoman.

Also, she is not a dancer so am getting fed up of her giving appraisal of the contestants before the judges have their say. Brucie she isn't!!

I would like to see Alex in the dance off (if only to level her a bit)..and if she is up against Susan then yippee..

We may get our wish...Hero Just dreaming of course...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 542 of 738

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Alexandra is the judges favourite @sheepdog they are always 'light' on her. Tonight was definitely not her night - and I don't much like the rhumba either. I like my latin dances a bit more firery.

Joe and Davood continue to get better and better, and I agree with you they look set for the final. It's just who will join them.

Mollie was a total surprise and I'm glad that she seems to have woken up at last and got it together.

I had to laugh at your comment about Claudia's dress sense (or lack thereof) and @Cleoriff's comments about Tess' dress and her inappropriate comments on how the celebrities have danced. I agree with both of you on the points you make. I don't know who chooses Claudia's outfits but they need taking outside and shooting. But I agree with @Cleoriff Tess' dress was hideous. And I also agree Tess shouldn't assess the dancers as she's no dance expertise. That's what the judges, all professional dancers, are there for. I find it particularly irritating when Tess compliments the likes of Susan Calman on her dancing. Seriously! But then Claudia is also guilty of it to some extent as she often says 'we thought you were great/brilliant' when the celebrities were nothing of the kind. I get that they're trying to be upbeat, but I'm sure they could do that without implying dance expertise that neither have.

As for your wish @Cleoriff - if only 🙄

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 543 of 738

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I seemed to have missed "colour" from Tess's pink batgirl outfit sentence!

But overall if both of them are axed from next year's series then it won't be a bad thing. There's a point where the presenters become synchophantic when its obvious even the contestants are saying they were bad and they still get the gushing comments from The Tessbot and Cloudier. With Brucie, you understood exactly why he did it but it just comes across cold when Tess does it as its almost a ploy to have the judges portrayed as pantomime villans. 

Message 544 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

But overall if both of them are axed from next year's series then it won't be a bad thing. There's a point where the presenters become synchophantic when its obvious even the contestants are saying they were bad and they still get the gushing comments from The Tessbot and Cloudier. With Brucie, you understood exactly why he did it but it just comes across cold when Tess does it as its almost a ploy to have the judges portrayed as pantomime villans. 

Agree @sheepdog Sir Bruce (love him or not) had a great deal of dance experience. Tess has nothing..plus a personality bypass....(as you say, Tessbot is a damn good name) robot

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 545 of 738

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
What great names @sheepdog Tessbot and Cloudier and how apt. I must admit they have both been getting on my nerves for some time but as I thought it was just me I said nothing.

As you say @Cleoriff Sir Bruce had a great deal of dance experience and even towards the end, with his fluffed lines and bad jokes, he was still superior to Tessbot.

I think the experiment to have 2 female presenters has failed. Or at least with these 2 female presenters. The BBC should really have a rethink and find two presenters who just present and keep their ill-formed opinions to themselves.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 546 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Alex? A bit of a shock..though not popular with the public..probably ...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 547 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

And Susan...Thank god...my prayers have been answered upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 548 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Image result for Images of Wahey...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 549 of 738

Cleoriff
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

At long last....loved Susans enthusiasm and willingness to learn...but no contest in that dance off clown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 550 of 738