Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly 2021

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3334 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

So Strictly come Dancing is back this autumn with a new old judge (Anton du Beke), a new old presenter for It takes Two (Jenette Manrara), four new pro's who won't be involved and obviously even less money than ever before!

First three of the bottom of the barrel scrapings are:

Tom Fletcher - ex boyband member now writing children's books

Robert Webb - slightly creepy comedian looking for work

AJ Odudu - obligatory "Who's that, never heard of her"

Also there are 15 people defined as celebs this year. I'm half expecting Kathryn Ryan to be involved as she seems to be on every other program for no reason. Also no Blackpool week either. 

Sadly, looks like were stuck with the un-dynamic duo of Daly & Winkleman.

Message 1 of 150
149 REPLIES 149

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126385 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

I don't watch Eastenders @sheepdog so I've never heard of her. I think she will have a real challenge. She won't be able to hear the music when she dances, nor hear her teaching pro. I just hope she doesn't become the 'pity' vote. We have seen that many times before.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 150

sheepdog
  • 3334 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

So the BBC finally get a big name. Sort of. Presenting double Olympic Gold medallist swimmer: Adam Peaty

Demented Owl rating of minus ten! Expect lots of water based puns. 

And to match that, the 14th definition of celebrity this series goes to Judi Love. And whilst I have seen some of these programs she's been in, none of them with her in it. Therefore a demented Owl rating of 9. 🦉Judging by the number of comments, less than 25 out of 26 people seem to be aware of her. 

One more to go. Think it may be another sporty person. 

Message 32 of 150

Cleoriff
  • 126385 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Adam Peaty. Good grief, he outshines any other so called 'celeb' so far. Well done BBC.

Judy Love another Z lister. Seen her on Loose Women just before I turn it off and turn over for Bargain Hunt. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 150

sheepdog
  • 3334 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Ah the BBC time server seems to be in another dimension. It claims a 1703 time on the blog posting  for the last contestant but it definitely wasn't or maybe someone is on holiday in a UTC-4 zone. So if you didn't know UTC is a standard time not too far away from GMT but doesn't change when BST kicks in/out. Total pain when you are in BST and the logfile writes in UTC which means total confusion. 

Anyway I digress. As predicted it is a sportsman and if you're not a fan of Rugby Union, then the Demented Owl rating is a 10 for Ugo Moyne 🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉🦉. Half of that if you are. Oh and of course it's not at all linked to raising his profile for his new job of being a team captain in the new series of A Question of Sport is it.

So that's the line up and frankly, this is the least known list of contestants for Strictly ever. I won't call them the worst because that wouldn't be fair. Not yet anyway.

Message 34 of 150

Cleoriff
  • 126385 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Demented owl rating of 10 for me @sheepdog as I've never heard of him. Least interesting line up for me. Not one person on that list I have once uttered Woo...(demented owls aside.)

So I think BBC have been riding the wave of their only flagship show for long enough and they've thought, it doesn't matter who we choose, we will still beat Britains got Talent or the Voice (or whatever else ITV are offering.

What a sad day. Bunch of cheapskates. Pfffttt.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 150

sheepdog
  • 3334 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

So, the end of September is about to arrive which means it's less than 100 days to Christmas. In between, you can opt to watch Strictly recorded intro show starting this Saturday at 745pm (18th September). Thankfully, its after the 530pm game on Sky sports so if Aston Villa v Everton doesn't whet your appetite first, you'll probably not be excited for the following 2 hours either.  

If you've conveniently erased the lineup from your minds, then grab a bottle of beer or two to help you drown your sorrows: here or just not click which is a better option and still drink the beer. Special musical guest as in the way they can identify a guitar by the hashtag, is Anne-Marie. I'll have to think of a rating animal for the mediocrity music act you know we'll be getting again every week.

However, straight after on BBC2 at 930pm there might be a documentary worth watching: When Nirvana came to Britain

Message 36 of 150

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

So, the end of September is about to arrive which means it's less than 100 days to Christmas

Kill me, kill me now
Message 37 of 150

Cleoriff
  • 126385 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

You got there before me @sheepdog ....realised yesterday that it was the start of |Strictly on Saturday.

Not sure whether you're the same as me but I  don't feel the same excitement as usual?

Oh well, maybe I'll perk up once it starts. I know they have a shed load of new professionals which is what's putting me off a bit.

No doubt the show will be padded out telling us everything we don't need to know about the 'celebs' and the same with the new dancers *sighs*

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 38 of 150

Cleoriff
  • 126385 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Well tonight's the night of the first show. We will be shown the pairings (although they have been leaked on Facebook)

Dan Walker............................. Judy Love

Cleoriff_0-1631986166475.jpeg

Actor Greg Wise and Dragons Den star Sarah Davies

Cleoriff_1-1631986376718.jpeg

Actor Robert Webb and CBBC Presenter Rhys Stephenson

Cleoriff_2-1631986510112.jpeg

Actresses Nina Wadia and Rose Ayling Smith

Cleoriff_4-1631986719841.jpeg

Actress Katie McGlynn (Corrie) and McFly member Tom Fletcher

Cleoriff_5-1631986916673.jpeg

Rugby Player Ugo Monye and Influencer Tilly Ramsey (Gordons daughter)

Cleoriff_6-1631987052123.jpeg

TV Presenter AJ Odudu and Bake Off Winner John Whaite

Cleoriff_7-1631987261180.jpeg

Adam Peaty, Olympic swimmer

Cleoriff_8-1631987321233.jpeg

And these are the Professional Dancers

Cleoriff_9-1631987480258.jpeg

All I can say is, I know some of them!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58271367 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 39 of 150

Cleoriff
  • 126385 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

So, the opening show was ok ....the usual padding out.

Tess in white, obviously saving the bacofoil for later 😂 Claudia looking drab in black.

Anton du Beke is the new judge replacing Bruno (thank god!)

The pairings are as follows

Robert Webb and Dianne Buswell

Katie McGlynn and Gorka Marquez

Rhys Stephenson and Nancy Xu

Rose Ayling-Smith and Giovanni Pernice

Sarah Davies and Alijaz Skorjanic

Dan Walker and Nadiya Bychkova

Adam Peaty and Katya Jones

A.J. Odudu and Kai Widdrington (New professional)

Greg Wise and and Karen Hauer

Judy Love and Graziano De Prima

John Whaite and Johannes Radebe

Nina Wadia and Neil Jones

Tom Fletcher and Amy Dowden (a McFly fanatic)

Tilly Ramsey and Nikita Kuzmin (new professional)

Ugo Monye and Oti Mabuse.

Made me giggle when each celeb said the  usual 'I was hoping I got so and so' AS IF 🤔 Lol.

Filling in to make the show longer was Anne Marie singing her new song. Pity the sound balance was completely off. Couldn't hear her at all.

Oti and Bill Bailey performed Rappers delight again. Great to see.

All couples know what they are dancing to next week. Problem is, Claudia didn't ask them all so that will have to wait for next week!!

PS I have no owl emoji's so I'll have to leave that to @sheepdog rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 40 of 150