Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strictly 2021

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3334 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

So Strictly come Dancing is back this autumn with a new old judge (Anton du Beke), a new old presenter for It takes Two (Jenette Manrara), four new pro's who won't be involved and obviously even less money than ever before!

First three of the bottom of the barrel scrapings are:

Tom Fletcher - ex boyband member now writing children's books

Robert Webb - slightly creepy comedian looking for work

AJ Odudu - obligatory "Who's that, never heard of her"

Also there are 15 people defined as celebs this year. I'm half expecting Kathryn Ryan to be involved as she seems to be on every other program for no reason. Also no Blackpool week either. 

Sadly, looks like were stuck with the un-dynamic duo of Daly & Winkleman.

Message 1 of 150
149 REPLIES 149

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25666 Posts
  • 863 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK I admit I haven`t watched previous Strictly.

There is not one person in this line-up which will make me want to watch any of them.

Given how popular the show is, is this really the best that the BBC could come up with to please all those who do enjoy the show? 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 21 of 150

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94355 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

It's probably down to people like me refusing to pay a license fee for a network I barely watch

Message 22 of 150

Cleoriff
  • 126385 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

I'll go for my winner now. Whoever Oti Mabuse is paired with rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 23 of 150

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

It's probably down to people like me refusing to pay a license fee for a network I barely watch

But now they've cut Linekers wages down there should be enough money for at least one A Z-lister.

Message 24 of 150

jonsie
  • 94355 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

So Strictly come Dancing is back this autumn with a new old judge (Anton du Beke), a new old presenter for It takes Two (Jenette Manrara), four new pro's who won't be involved and obviously even less money than ever before!

First three of the bottom of the barrel scrapings are:

Tom Fletcher - ex boyband member now writing children's books

Robert Webb - slightly creepy comedian looking for work

AJ Odudu - obligatory "Who's that, never heard of her"

Also there are 15 people defined as celebs this year. I'm half expecting Kathryn Ryan to be involved as she seems to be on every other program for no reason. Also no Blackpool week either. 

Sadly, looks like were stuck with the un-dynamic duo of Daly & Winkleman.

Yes, poor man!

Message 25 of 150

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reminding me again why I don't pay the licence fee... But it does mean I get to read your versions of events. Yay!

Message 26 of 150

Cleoriff
  • 126385 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

Good call @Anonymous rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 150

sheepdog
  • 3334 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Only one victim today and someone who is actually known for many years of TV appearances. So with a demented owl factor of 1 🦉: Nina Wadia .

Of course I completely forget the bog-standard EastEnders link so expect lots of praise from the Eastenders cast in a lot of segments hoping for a spot in next year's Strictly.

Question is now that Anton has been promoted out to judge, does this mean we won't be seeing the pensioner contestant from now on or the joke celeb? 

Message 28 of 150

Cleoriff
  • 126385 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7558 Solutions

At last! Someone I know, although with limited chance of lifting the glitter ball I suspect rofl

Yes I wondered about Anton and his joke celeb. Maybe they will give one to the female pro's.

Having said that I thought Bill Bailey was going to be useless last year. Shows how much I know!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 150

sheepdog
  • 3334 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Someone at the BBC is quite tardy today. Latest contestant released at 730pm of all things: Rose Ayling-Ellis who is deaf. A current Eastender actress but looking like the most intriguing contestant so far...

Message 30 of 150