Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Street cat named Bob

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I guess almost everyone knows James Bowen and Bob. 

Bob died yesterday. It kinda hit me.

I met them 2015 in Cologne at a booksigning... In London I never had that luck. 

https://www.thebookseller.com/news/james-bowen-says-goodbye-unforgettable-bob-cat-1206791 

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very upset to hear this sad news

Go see the film of A Street Cat Named Bob, it's for all of us, a great feel-good factor and a film for all the family

Hope James can carry on in good heart. He says, in the article, he feels the light has gone out of his life.

Image result for pictures of street cat bob

See the source image

Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to add that Bob and James have done a lot of support work especially for homeless people and animal charities.

Message 12 of 18

ComaChameleon
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

A personal message from James Bowen: 

“I didn’t feel ready to talk about the circumstances of Bob's death earlier this week. It was too upsetting, not just for me, but also for his millions of fans around the world. But I’m sorry to have to confirm that Bob died from injuries sustained when he was struck by a car near our home last Monday afternoon. He went missing two days earlier and, despite appeals and searches locally, had been discovered less than half a mile from home and taken to a local vet who contacted me. I can't describe the grief I feel. I am utterly bereft. Bob had stage two kidney disease but we were managing his condition well and I think he would have lived for another year or two. I'm just so sad that he hasn't been able to enjoy his retirement in full. I miss him so much. Thank you for all your amazing words of support and the tributes you have paid Bob over these past few days. They have meant the world to me as I’ve struggled to get through this unbelievably difficult time. All my love. James.”

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 13 of 18

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 14 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That was a lovely tribute @ComaChameleon 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 18

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Wow, didn't realise that Bob passed from an accident. Just assumed it was age related.
Even more sad for James...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 16 of 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Same here @gmarkj 

Only reading @ComaChameleon's comments when I realised that.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 18

ComaChameleon
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@gmarkj   @Cleoriff 

Me too 😞 I was shocked to read it was an accident. 

@jonsie 

Maybe you should watch the film together wit Chester wink

Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Message 18 of 18