Did you mean: 

Spring officially starts this week! 🌱

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys,

The Spring Equinox, which marks the astronomical start of Spring, this year falls on Wednesday 20 March. 🌱 This means that days are beginning to finally get longer and the dark nights shorter, which I personally appreciate as I really dislike darkness. sunflower

Do you have any spring-related activities or tasks that you want to achieve? Any spring cleaning or home maintenance you normally do at this time of year? Any exciting things you can start planting in the garden perhaps? grin

What's your favourite thing about spring? 

spring.jpg

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

My favourite thing is the lighter nights and mornings @Marjo 

There are a few garden jobs I need to to, generally tidying up and giving a second pruning to my roses.

If the weather holds up I may give my lawn a light trim. Due to the warm weather in February, it's longer than usual at this time of year.

I don't make a special effort to Spring clean, other than packing away some jumpers and bringing out spring tops. I think the term spring cleaning is a tad outdated now if honest. I just try to keep everything as clean as possible all year round

However, all this will have to wait as I am busy getting ready for this weekend away. Usual 4 days of Rock and Roll music in Yarmouth. I just hope we don't get a late snowfall!! LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 24

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Sitting out in the garden with a large red, after work slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 24

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff same here with the lighter nights and mornings. slight_smile Might be a silly question (I don't have a garden though) but how long does it take for grass to grow? grin How often does it normally have to be trimmed?

I will need to pack away some chunky winter clothes too, to have more space. I don't have anywhere to put them so my spring checklist includes (as number one) buying some containers for clothing and bedding. I'm thinking a weekend trip to Ikea! Happy Dance

@MI5  That sounds excellent! If I had a garden, that's what I would do as well! Although I might drag my computer with me in the garden as well so I can play video games there. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 24

mahj
Level 3: Thinker
  • 75 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I love walking and love the longer days especially for that reason - more walking opportunities 💃🏻 Taking my mum and/or dad with me too means I get to spend more time with them too nattering about anything and everything along the way ❤️
Message 5 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

@Cleoriff same here with the lighter nights and mornings. slight_smile Might be a silly question (I don't have a garden though) but how long does it take for grass to grow? grin How often does it normally have to be trimmed?

I will need to pack away some chunky winter clothes too, to have more space. I don't have anywhere to put them so my spring checklist includes (as number one) buying some containers for clothing and bedding. I'm thinking a weekend trip to Ikea! Happy Dance

@Marjo  Cutting grass does depend on the weather. In the spring/summer I do it every 2 weeks, though if we have a lot of rain mixed with sun, it could do with a trim every week. Also it depends how you like your lawn. Some folk prefer it that bit longer. Not for me, I have an oval shaped lawn surrounded with edging pavers. These are the same level as the lawn when short, so cutting and edging it regularly stops the grass growing through the pavers. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 24

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10763 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @Marjo 

Great Spring has sprung.

I have been spring cleaning for a month, under this and over that.

Books taken out and cleaned in book cases.

Sorting out drawers cupboards some things to recycling.

Garage sorting tins of this and that out.

recycled computers ~ recycled old phones

recycled old specs.

Garden needed clean-up after storms/winds as trees drop small branches etc.

Still leaves about needing clean up.

Like @Cleoriff  looking at lawn but deciding not to cut yet, it's ok.

Birds are starting to nest now ~ robin in climbing plant over door now.

Roses are starting to grow too putting up new shoots.

Will be really busy this year.

Looking forward to it.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Oh I forgot about my books @TallTrees 

I have recycled loads over this last few weeks. I read so much and they pile up. I have bookcases full, I have reluctantly let a lot go, in order to move the next load onto the shelves.wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 24

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10763 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

I love to look at the books too @Cleoriff  all very inviting.  Really had to take them all out this year though for a clean. I used to call into the Charity Shops and buy books from there too, really good books.

Like you I have a clean up throughout the year.  I had a special clear out this year though as things get tidy but not used,  so off to recycle so someone else can use.  

Have a really happy week-end Cleo look forward to when you come back and tell us all about your adventures.hugging

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122787 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@TallTrees 

Thanks.

Problem is these weekends (twice a year) usually involve a lot of alcohol...so I will only be able to tell you what I remember. LOL

What I do know is, there are a lot of 60's bands on, including The Tremeloes, Marmalade, Union Gap and Bev Bevan (ELO).... to name just a few. Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 24