Did you mean: 

Spend Caps on O2 Guide. Updated August 2024

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149614 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

FAO @Kei-M_O2 

Our wonderful forum won't let me send via PM so I'll leave it here for to deal with.....

Any contracts taken after 1st October 2018 can have a spend cap applied.

If your contract was taken prior to that point, you must wait until you upgrade, change or renew your contract.

O2 have some excellent help here so I won't repeat it, but some points to note:

• To add or change a cap, you need to log in to your My O2 online or through the app. If you prefer, you can also call Customer Services

Image 25-08-2024 at 13.09.jpeg

Included.

Any chargeable usage outside your monthly allowance or outside of any Bolt On allowance, such as:

• Additional calls, texts and data usage, when your standard bundle or Bolt On allowance has run out. this includes going outside of the O2 Travel Inclusive and standard O2 Travel allowances. 
  • Calling and texting non-geographical or premium rate numbers, aside from those premium rate numbers relating to charities, as these sit outside your Spend Cap, as set out below.
  • Calling and texting any international number from the UK.
  • Calling and texting any number outside of our Europe Zone, when you’re in our Europe Zone (excluding the UK).
  • Calling, texting and using data, when you’re in a country which is outside of our Europe Zone.
  • Calling directory enquiry services.
  • The charge you pay to O2 for accessing any third party services.

Excluded.

• Recurring elements of your bill, such as your Airtime Plan, Device Plan, and insurance.
  • The price for buying a Bolt On which you opt in to. This includes O2 Travel bolt on at £6 per day.
  • Any charity donations made from your phone.
  • Charge to Mobile, such as buying digital content and apps from your phone.
  • Any charges relating to the management of your account, which includes, but is not limited to, paper bills, itemised paper bills and late payment fees.
  • Any charges for third party services (our access fees for these services are covered in your Spend Cap, as set out above).

Business customers.

For information relating to business customers, see here

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
  • 126113 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

Good to see it updated @MI5 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

Kei-M_O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 98 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 👍 - I've updated Guide: Spend caps on O2 

Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 149614 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

Thanks @Kei-M_O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 126113 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7552 Solutions

@Kei-M_O2 @MI5 

The only thing missing on the guide is the date it was updated.

If we don't have that, it just looks as if it was done 5 years ago and not touched since then. 

The Edit date has to be added manually on guides, as it doesn't update automatically.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

Kei-M_O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 98 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's at the bottom 🙂

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff