Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, What Do You Watch On TV?

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

As everyone knows I'm a TV addict and watch lots of TV. But I'm curious, how much TV do you watch and what type of programmes do you prefer?

The World Cup is in full swing and Wimbledon is around the corner. Is either or both what will have you glued to the telly or do you hate sport and drama is more your thing. Perhaps you like a good laugh, and comedy is more to your taste. Like to test your knowledge and quiz shows get your attention or are you into the soaps here and abroad?

So, what do you watch on TV and what are your favourite shows?

Also with 100s of TV channels do you think we now have more choice and better programmes or did we have better quality TV with fewer channels?

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:
@Anonymousyou say you "only have Freeview so am limited to the best on offer from the BBC, ITV or Channel 4". I also only have Freeview but there are many more channels than just the 3 you mention. I assume that none of the other channels have any programmes of interest to you?

Yes, I do occasionally watch other channels, and of course I neglected to mention Channel 5, which does also have some good content. But I rarely bother with channels like E4 or ITV 2, as they seem to have a lot of repeats, or programmes like “Love Island” which are of no interest to me. Maybe I’m missing out on a lot of good programmes, but the kind of content that I’m most likely to record (and watch several times) would usually be the programmes that are found on what I would consider to be the main channels. 

@Anonymous there is a lot of dross on many of the Freeview channels, I agree. To be honest the only programme I watch on ITV2 is The Ellen Degeneres show; you couldn't pay me to watch Love Island. E4 is Young Sheldon (a spin-off from the Big Bang Theory which I love), Gotham and Supernatural for me, nothing else. I'm more into the Channel 5 group, 5USA and 5Star, every night of the week for dramas I like.

Anyway, it would be boring if we all liked the same programmes. TV is meant to offer everyone, whatever their tastes, something of interest to them.

Never could understand people continually moaning about a particular show. If you don't like it don't watch it. And if there's nothing on you want to watch, there is an off button.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 31 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable

With my new iPhone(this applies to all new Apple products but not the Watch) I got a years free Apple TV+ & I’ve just started watching The Morning Show..
5 episodes in & I’m hooked!

Message 32 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Interesting to read back in this thread, started by @Glory1 heart

Since Covid 19, I thank god for Netflix and Amazon Prime as I am sick of constant repeats on mainstream TV.

Just finished watching the docu-series Murder in The Outback (on CH 4), which left me  with more questions than answers!

Killing Eve series 3 was another one I enjoyed.

Sadly, Line of Duty (which I love) was expected on TV in June but they had to stop filming it.

It makes me wonder if TV as we knew it, will ever be the same again?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 36

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

It makes me wonder if TV as we knew it, will ever be the same again?

Yes, I noticed that name on there too. 

I think many things will change, in the same way travel changed after 9/11. I hope that those who yearn for the "glory days", (apt term on this thread 😉) realise that time has moved on, that events have overtaken the view they have through their rose-tinted monocles, and that they need to adapt, change, modify the plans that they had to accommodate the new reality... Or, step out of the way graciously and let someone who has a better idea have the baton for a while.

(steps down & slides soapbox aside...) 

Message 34 of 36

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have never made a secret of the fact I watch 2 soaps. Emmerdale and Coronation St.

ITV have reduced the number of episodes of both of them so they don't go off air. 

However, Emmerdale have run out, so 2 weeks ago they filmed 4 lockdown episodes. Only 2 people in each 30 minute slot, showing how they are dealing with lockdown.

They had to do their own hair and makeup. Use their own clothes from home. Social distancing was a priority. Only 2 cameras and the producer on set. Very cleverly done actually.

Noticed little things... such as one character picking up a letter for the other one. Letter was placed on table and then (unseen) that letter removed and a different one placed on same table for the other character to pick up....

Interesting times.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 36

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Cleoriff 

my heart just skipped a beat as I read @Glory1 started a topic and I just was in thoughts about her... Then I realised it's an old one. - In just a bling of an eye.

I'm ending my House MD run atm

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 36 of 36