cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sci fi fans

Anonymous
Not applicable

I know there are some geeky people on here and that normally goes hand in hand with sci-fi shows. 

I am running out of stuff to watch I have done the BSG series ( there is a new webisodes Blood and chrome) 
I have done Eureaka, Warehouse 13 etc etc 

My lastest watch is something I missed the first time around which is Farscape.

Anything I have missed? Not Star Trek.

Message 1 of 65
64 REPLIES 64

Anonymous
Not applicable
One of my favourite sic-fi B movies which is now a bit of a cult status is StarShip Troopers.

Awesome !
Message 61 of 65

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Love that film especially if you got the meaning of the propaganda inserts within the film. Same with the original Robo-cop which is unsurprising as it Paul Verhoven directing both!

Message 62 of 65

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
The grenade in the huge bug was an amazing bit if film:) loved starship troopers. One of those great movie where your rooting for the characters:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 63 of 65

Anonymous
Not applicable

the suceeding troopers films were naff

Message 64 of 65

Anonymous
Not applicable

Starship Troopers was a odd one for me.  I love the book and the film was disappointing for straying so far from the source material - but it's a terrific film in its own right so I like watching it.

If you want a film that's close to the book in most of the important areas and really gets the "spirit" of the source - try "Manifest Destiny".  The book (a short story or novella would be more accurate) is a gem - the film is almost as good and quite surprisingly so considering that it's really quite a "deep & meaningful" story with 90% of it just having two characters on-screen.

Message 65 of 65