Did you mean: 

STRICTLY COME DANCING 2024.

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125794 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

It's that time of year again.

@sheepdogcomes out of hibernation to join me and others like @RunrigForever  to comment on BBC's 'flagship' entertainment show. SCD.

I did wonder if it would take place this year as it's had some really bad press recently.

Two of the male professionals, Giovanni Pernice and Graziano Prima have been accused of abusive teaching methods. Giovanni has denied any wrongdoing. Last year he danced with Amanda Abington, who dropped out of the show. Graziano danced with Zara Larsson and he admitted kicking her. He was sacked immediately.

The BBC  have said they will be putting advisors into the training rooms to monitor all training and ensuring the welfare of the celebrities. So away we go again.

It doesn't start until September so I'll be adding to this thread as and when other celebs are revealed.

The first two contestants have been announced;

CHRIS McCAUSLAND - COMEDIAN

Chris is a really funny guy. He's also totally blind. As he said, this should be a laugh. 😂

SCD 24 Chris.jpg

The next contestant is JB GILL (from the boy band JLS)

SCD 24 JB.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

Cleoriff
  • 125794 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Nope, not of heard of the lass above?

I hear you talk about female politicians. They could go for Diane Abbott. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 21

sheepdog
  • 3316 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Cleoriff Diane Abbot does have two left feet 😂

Anyway, the BBC have decided to release the last 3 celebs with little fanfare and to be brutally honest, I can see why.

Last of the females leaving it slightly lopsided this year is Sam Quek. Former olympic gold medal hockey player in 2016 and also conveniently, paid by the BBC so a perfect choice whilst waiting for the next job. Yes, we'll wait for the cringe inducing comment from Tess saying it's "Sam Quek doing the Quekstep in double Quek time". 

p0jhzcx0

Next up and already this years most nauseating celeb we want out, is Nick Knowles. Star of dodgy diy programs and countless other forgettable daytime shows, Nick brings us the dad dancing element of the series:

p0jhzb8w

Finally, another Arsenal legend and football pundit that I have no interest in hearing during halftime, is Paul Merson:

p0jhzbkx

Lets not mention his driving abilities though considering he's just been banned for 6 months for speeding. Hang on, he's an Arsenal legend yet supports Chelsea? Please no repeat of Tony Adams full monty. 

Usual underwhelming celebs again. Guessing the BBC are reducing their risk exposure to female celebs by having more males this year just in case. Or they wanted Giovani or Graziano as partners is more like it. Think this is the end of the road for Strictly this series. 

Message 12 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 125794 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@sheepdog 

They hadn't announced these when I checked twice today.

Bit obvious choosing more men than women and quite sad really. There again, it is the BBC, not known for taking risks!!

Sam Quek : Better known for her role as Team Captain on A Question of Sport, which went downhill when they got rid of Sue Barker, Phil Tuffnell and Matt Dawson.

Nick Knowles: I quite like DIY SOS. Not keen on him but I do like the programme. Currently appearing on a daytime show called Caught on Camera. He does nothing, other than announce the incidents!.

Paul Merson. I know little of him in football (Terrible really) 😂

He was on I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here and admitted he had a gambling addiction.

Also appeared with Nick Knowles on a documentary called the Mighty Mississippi.

Maybe 2 for the price of one?😂

No start date yet!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 125794 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@sheepdog 

I've been on FB to the two SCD groups.

This is the timetable of events according to both groups

SCD Dates 24.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 125794 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

@sheepdog 

Here are some of the pairings from the FB Strictly group.

SCD pairings.jpg

Just four unknown.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 125794 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

Updated List Of Pairings

As the ones above are incorrect!  😂

Wynne and Katya
Nick and Luba
Tasha and Aljaz
Jamie and Michelle
Tom and Nadiya
Pete and Jowita
Chris and Dianne
Montell and Johannes
Sam and Nikita
Toyah and Neil
Sarah and Vito
JB and Amy
Dr Punam and Gorka
Paul and Karen
Shayne and Nancy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 125794 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

So I missed the start but was told they were  on a summer coach. Just the professionals.

The opening show was just about celebs meeting professionals, so we had a load of filler.

The Celeb list and partners is in the post above.

I didn't know Jamie Borthwick won the Christmas special?

We have the same judges, although this year Craig has a beard and Motsi had a decent hairstyle 😂

One of the nice  filler segments was a welcome back to Amy Dowden

Ellie and Vito did their great Paso from last year

Then we went  to Anne Marie with Clean Bandit for our last filler segment.

Finally there was the part at the end where the Celebs danced with the Professionals.

No I can't pick a winner!

Not sure how much I can post next week as I'm travelling back from a few days away.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 21

sheepdog
  • 3316 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Ah the opening show now with more filler in celebs faces than actual content. I was playing the game of "Botox, Ozempic or bum fluff" though spotting the boob job is going to take a little more effort 🔎

Nice touch with the Brucie Bus though paired with the worlds worst cover of the Venga bus mashup of 90's hits you wish you could forget but the internet won't let you. Except Pump up the jam was 1989 and Everybody Everybody was kind of middle 2000 but I'm ultra nerdy 🤓 But because you probably missed it a couple of years ago, this is how to do a cover version and put your own VengaBoys style on it and pull it off by throwing the nostalgia in bucket loads:

Also better than Clean Bandit chicken dance by far. Oh how I look forward to the Mediocre Musical Act this year with pure venom. 

Special shout out to the BBC who in their pathetic desperation, decided to do a live reporting text commentary on a recorded show: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cm2ng21e1xxt

Weirdly, the BBC decides to write a counter article about the alleged controversies not being mentioned just to provide balance against the BBC airing their flagship program. Like the song, throw your hands up in the air like you just don't care.

I'll have to say, there's not going to be much technical finesse this series from a large majority for a few weeks but from a personality aspect, we're in for a fun series. In fact both Chris & Wyn had more chemistry and punchlines in their first 5 minutes than T&C have had scripted in 5 years. 

Standout for me is Montell & Johannes so far but it won't be long before we know who the top 5 are. 

Of course, this series wouldn't be a series without a Celeb look-a-like would it. So to start off, here's Toyah starring in Terrahawks:

ZeldaZelda

Message 18 of 21

Cleoriff
  • 125794 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7549 Solutions

I wouldn't have got the Vengabus link....there again, I missed that bit. 😂

You know, the more you watch this show (knowing it's pre-recorded,) the more gaps you see in continuity!

Ellie and Vito's Paso....not a soul in that studio, yet when they finished, the judges were back, clapping and cheering. Also the gang of partners doing the same from the balcony.

You were right about the airbrushing for Toyah!! Mind you she must have had a shock when she appeared on Celebrity : Is My House Haunted 😂 I love the image of Terrahawks,.

I agree Montell and Johannes look a likely pair.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 21

RunrigForever
Level 21: Regular
  • 2864 Posts
  • 38 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Enjoyed last night's show - even just for the colours of the outfits

Lovely to have Amy Dowden back ... & ... didn't they dress her nice

Dresses in shocking pink chiffon & trim of feather boa, she was showcased amid grey professionals

Her dancing with Kai Widdrington ? to the musical interlude was superb  

***DESORMAIS***
Message 20 of 21